Sprint Nextel: From Worst to First?
- The Feds vs. the Market. Seybold, Andrew // Wireless Week;9/1/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p26
The article discusses the author's views on the impact of the possible merger between Deutsche Telekom and Sprint Nextel Corp. on telecommunication industry and consumers in the U.S. He comments that the rumored purchase is all about spectrum and would likely bring serious headaches through...
- Cable ops poised to exit PCS. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;06/30/97, Vol. 127 Issue 27, p10
Reports on the plans of Deutsch Telekom and France Telecom to buy out the three cable television partners in the Sprint PCS joint venture. Tele-Communications Inc.'s 30 percent stake in Sprint PCS; Stake of Comcast and Cox in the venture; Willingness of the partners to sell their stake in...
- Foreign-ownership fireworks. Silva, Jeffrey; Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;9/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the United States House of Representatives telecommunication subcommittee's examination of Deutsche Telekom AG's proposed purchase of VoiceStream Wireless Corp.
- Matchmaking Is In The Air For Germany's Deutsche Telekom. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;07/17/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 29, p4
Reports on the search of Deutsche Telekom of Germany for a United States (U.S.) telecommunication partner to expand its global presence. Concern of U.S. lawmakers over the ownership of the company; Telecommunication companies being eyed by Deutsche Telekom; Opinion of analysts on the companies....
- Sprint and Clearwire announce new agreements. // Mobile Internet (Information Gatekeepers);Nov2011, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the agreements between Sprint Nextel and Clearwire that is worth up to 1.6 billion U.S. dollars in payments for WiMAX services, possible payments for Long Term Evolution (LTE) services and potential equity investments.
- Sprint to pay Clearwire $1 billion in fees. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;4/27/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p4
The article reports that Sprint Nextel Corp. has agreed to pay Clearwire Corp. with over one billion dollars through 2012 for wireless wholesale services to settle its pricing dispute with the latter.
- Deutsche Telekom Eying Sprint Purchase? Medford, Cassimir // Red Herring;5/5/2008, p1
The article reports on the communications company Deutsche Telekom is undergoing preliminary talks to acquire mobile carrier Sprint Nextel. The possible merger between Deutsche Telekom's U.S. unit T-Mobile USA and Sprint Nextel would enable the new entity to overtake AT&T and Verizon Wireless....
- Tough sell. Silva, Jeffrey; Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;5/12/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p1
The article deals with the challenges facing the acquisition by Deutsche Telekom AG of Sprint Nextel Corp. in the U.S. Foreign investments in U.S. firms attract scrutiny stemming from post-9/11 homeland security considerations and economic implications for workers. Critics continue to decry the...
- Take a number and wait. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;07/10/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 2, p92
Focuses on the proposed merger between Germany's Deutsche Telekom and Sprint of the United States. Implication of the merger to Deutsche Telekom; Information on a survey on local and long-distance telecommunication companies; Groups benefitting from the merger.