Shanghai's Up, Mumbai's Down
- U.S. VCs Put on the Brakes. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;10/18/2008, p1
The article reports on the decline in venture capital funding for startups in the U.S. in the third quarter of 2008. A study by Dow Jones VentureSource has found that funding for startups fell for the second quarter in a row and the number of deals declined 11.7 percent sequentially. The study...
- Southern California Edges Beantown in VC Funding. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;1/21/2008, p3
This article looks at the results of a 2007 survey conducted by Dow Jones VentureOne on venture capital (VC) funding in the U.S. In the survey, Southern California edged out Boston, Massachusetts for the second spot after posting a 12 percent increase in investments to $3.8 billion. Venture...
- Report: U.S. VC Fundraising Falls 30%. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;10/7/2008, p4
The article focuses on reports which state that the spreading fallout from the global credit crunch is cutting into venture capital fundraising in the U.S. and around the world. Dow Jones Private Equity Analyst announced that third quarter fundraising by U.S. venture capital firms dropped 30...
- Nine ventures from expat entrepreneurs giving their best shot in the Indian startup boom. // FRPT- Finance Snapshot;5/31/2015, p5
The article reports on the number of ventures in India from foreign entrepreneurs to form an Expat Entrepreneurs Circle (EEC) in the startup sector.
- VCs turn away from startups. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/30/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 39, p1
Reports on the venture capital funding of startup companies in Connecticut. Availability of venture capital for emerging firms; Investment focus of venture capital firms; Market trends influencing venture capital decision-making.
- When the Going Gets Tough... Tilley, Allison Leopold; Kohn, Bradley D. // Siliconindia;Feb2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p56
Examines how venture-funded start-ups in the U.S. can survive financing difficulties. Description of desperation financing, such as bridge loan financing with onerous terms and takeover financing; Option of selling the business to a third party; Choice of the last option which is closure of the...
- PLANS.TOPIC: 371 Venture Capital Firms. Ragland, Vincent // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;10/6/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 39, p6
The article discusses venture capital firms which provide investment capital to new business enterprises and small businesses for maximum return and profit.
- Startup Funding Sources. // Black Enterprise;Sep2014, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p18
The article provides information on some funding sources for start-up companies including Impact America Fund, Minority Angel Investor Network, and Venture Capital Access Program.
- A Dose of Reality About Venture Capital. // USA Today Magazine;Jul2013, Vol. 142 Issue 2818, p8
The article discusses several myths about venture capital (VC) such as the idea that VC is a helpful funding source for new businesses.