MySpace Opens Ad Window to Marketers
- Keeping tabs on Internet ads. Cerasale, Jerry // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);Mar2006, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p34
Discusses the ways to ensure quality, transparency and accountability in network advertising. Advantages and disadvantages of network advertising; Provisions of the Federal Trade Commission Act and the 2003 Can-Spam Act in the U.S.; Importance of a careful selection of advertising partners.
- MySpace: big audience, big risks. Oser, Kris // Advertising Age;2/20/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p3
The article deals with the risks associated with the expansion of the social-networking sites of MySpace in February 2006. News emerges that the sites are attracting the worst kind of audience, namely sexual predators. Hence, the news created bad publicity for the sites. In addition, the issue...
- The future's bright but today is brighter. // Marketing Week;9/21/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 34, p47
Discusses the impact of the Internet and other electronic advancements on the conduct of marketing and advertising in Great Britain. Pace at which individuals grasped Internet concepts and principles; Increased Internet usage; Inadequate download speed.
- eDeals innovation pushes envelope in online shopping. Duff, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;1/9/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p3
The article focuses on the introduction of an online comparison engine called eDeals in the U.S. The web site evolved from an arrangement between developers and pricegrabber.com making eDeals a second generation price comparison site. The site aggregates common and unique services such as...
- So, can you automate online ad buying? Williams, Roger // Precision Marketing;9/12/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p13
The article focuses on the impact of online auction trading platforms in Great Britain. Accordingly, marketers can directly define the correct targeting criteria for their online advertising requirements based on the audiences they wish to reach including demography, geography and channels. In...
- IAB: 'Brands see 11-1 return on affiliate marketing'. Shields, Ronan // Marketing Week (Online Edition);1/22/2013, p6
The article deals with the results of a study on online performance marketing. It states that the study finds that brands benefits a lot when they spend in Web-based performance advertising. According to the author, most companies in Great Britain spend at least 814 million British pounds on...
- I refuse to punch the monkey. Gibbs, Mark // Network World;11/20/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p90
Discusses studies showing the ineffectiveness of banner advertisements on the Internet. Decline in the average click-through rate (CTR); Reasons why Web sites do not use smaller, less intrusive advertisements; How old media thinking is becoming more prevalent as the Internet becomes more...
- BENCHMARKS. // B to B;03/27/2000, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p40
Presents data concerning business-to-business Web advertising for the period February 28l to March 12, 2000. Costs of services for Web site development based on hypothetical companies; Top Web advertisers; Web product/service segments.
- GENERATING WEB SITE AWARENESS. // B to B;03/27/2000, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p44
Details findings of Cahners Business Information's survey of business-to-business decisionmakers who have responsibility of overseeing media placement.