Diller's IAC Gets GirlSense
- US firms still want a slice of the UK. Noakes, Gary; Fox, Linda // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/15/2004, Issue 2605, p8
Reports on the expansion plans of U.S.-based travel companies Cendant Corp. and InterActive Corp. (IAC) in Great Britain. Companies acquired by Cendant and IAC; Trend towards independent travel; Factors affecting the U.S.-based companies' expansion strategy. INSETS: CASE STUDY:...
- Spurned suitor may make another run at Angie's List. // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/8/2016, Vol. 36 Issue 51, p15A
The article reports that New York-based Internet company IAC/InterActive Corp. is preparing to acquire online market place and review site Angie's List Inc., however it is still waiting for Angie's quarterly earnings report due to be published in February 2016.
- Citrix/XenSource union raises stakes. Fontana, John // Network World;8/20/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p6
The article reports on the launch of a desktop tool via virtualization by Citrix, a high technology company in the U.S. The move has been made after its acquisition of XenSource Inc., a virtualization vendor. The company has been aiming to provide corporate users with virtual environments and...
- Today's Transactions IAC/InterActiveCorp. Buys About.com for $300M. COLLINS, ALLISON // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/8/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p8
The article reports on the acquisition of About.com by Barry Diller's Internet company, IAC/InterActive Corp.
- Today's Transactions: IAC/InterActiveCorp Reportedly Bid for About.com. COLLINS, ALLISON // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/27/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p17
The article reports on the 300 million-dollar offer made by Barry Diller's Internet company IAC/InterActiveCorp. to purchase About.com from the New York Times Co.
- IAC Bolsters M&A Efforts. MacFadyen, Ken // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/6/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p17
The article announces that IAC/Interactive are showing signs that it is likely to go into deals again following its inactivity from merger efforts in its April 2011 earnings. The company's affiliate, Match.com, has released a voluntary public tender offer for all the outstanding shares of Meetic...
- Consolidation 'no benefit'. Dennis, Juliet // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;4/22/2005, Issue 1766, p4
This article reports that First Choice chief executive Peter Long has played down the likelihood of consolidation among major industry players in the next three years. The statement is a U-turn on Long's previous comments last October that the big four companies would be reduced to two within...
- Cable Access. Del Franco, Mark // Catalog Age;Apr2005, Vol. 22 Issue 4, preceding p5
Focuses on the acquisition of Cornerstone Brands by Interactive Corp. in April 2005. Amount of the acquisition; Background of the firms; Comments on the merger of the cataloging companies; Contribution of the acquisition to the performance of Interactive Corp.
- IAC gives it ol' CollegeHumor try. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/15/2006, Vol. 395 Issue 35, p4
The article reports that IAC/InterActive Corp. has purchased 51% of the stake of the Web site CollegeHumor.com's parent company Connect Ventures LLC. The Web site was founded in 1999 by Ricky Van Veen and Josh Abramson. The Web site is visited by 6 million visitors every month. The site features...