Napster Ready for iTunes Rumble
- Apple's heavy hand. Brooks, Jason // eWeek;9/22/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p55
The author reflects on the attachment of the iPhone to music store iTunes of Apple Inc. He expects that Apple would untether its impressive smart phone from iTunes to better meet enterprise needs. The author assumes that third parties would emerge to help emancipate the iPhone from iTunes. He...
- Apple Now No. 2 Music Retailer. // Red Herring;2/26/2008, p5
The article reports that the iTunes digital media store of Apple has become the second-largest U.S. music retailer, according to the data from tracking firm NPD Group. Based on sales in 2007, legal music downloads accounted for 10 percent of music acquired in the U.S. According to Apple, its...
- IN THE CARDS. Christman, Ed // Billboard;9/1/2007, Vol. 119 Issue 35, p8
The article discusses a plan by Apple Inc. to test sales of iTunes gift cards in retail stores. The iTunes cards are to feature specific album covers. Albums by Maroon 5, Norah Jones and Eddie Vedder are under consideration for inclusion in the tests, which are to run at Safeway, Starbucks and...
- Is It Safe? Wolfe, Daniel // American Banker;8/25/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 131, p4
The author reports on concerns that have been raised regarding the safety of Apple Inc.'s iTune digital music store after people have been charged for music they did not purchase.
- 25 bn apps downloaded on Apple App store. // Flare (Pakistan);4/15/2012, p67
The article reports on the announcement made by Apple Inc. that a total of 25 billion applications has been downloaded by users from the iTunes App Store.
- iTunes cuts bella figura. Ritson, Mark // Marketing (00253650);3/19/2008, p21
The article offers information on the success of launching iTunes, a music download Web site by Apple Inc., in Great Britain. It was stated that iTunes was became the host of idiotic competitors. Competitors brands of iTunes are mentioned including Dell, Coca Cola's mycokemusic, and Sony's...
- DIGITAL DIVIDE. Christman, Ed // Billboard;5/22/2010, Vol. 122 Issue 20, p9
The article reports on a lead in digital music sales which Apple Inc's iTunes store has developed and continues to maintain against other music marketers in 2010.
- ITUNES AT 10 YEARS: STILL NO. 1 MUSIC DOWNLOAD SITE. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;4/22/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p8
The article discusses the success of electronics company Apple's music download site iTunes Store during its ten years of operation from 2003.
- FEDS APPROVE BEST BUY ACQUISITION OF NAPSTER. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;10/5/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 40, p10
The article reports that Best Buy Co. was given approval by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) for its acquisition of Napster, a pioneer of digital music download. According to Reuters, the approved $121 million acquisition proposal is published in the daily listings of the FTC. The goal of...