LiveUniverse Grabs Pageflakes
- World Wide Friends. Sperry, Shelley // National Geographic;Mar2010, Vol. 217 Issue 3, following p15
The article discusses the popularity of social networking web sites from across the globe and presents a chart which shows ten of the sites that had the most visitors in October of 2009.
- MAMIVERSE launched for Latina Moms and Daughters. // Online Product News;Aug2011, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p7
The article reviews the Web site MAMIVERSE.com, a lifestyle, news, and social media website specifically for Latina mothers and daughters.
- NEW SOCIAL COMMUNITY INTEGRATED INTO RFMA WEBSITE. // Online Product News;Jun2009, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p7
The article reviews the web site Restaurant Facility Management Association (RFMA) available at http://www.rfmaonline.com.
- SITE FOR USERS TO ORGANIZE/SHARE LAUNCHED BY JIBIDEE.COM. // Worldwide Biotech;Oct2008, Vol. 20 Issue 10, Special section p3
The article describes Jibidee.com, a website that gives users a place to organize and socialize, available at http://www.jibidee.com.
- I tweet, therefore I am; social networking is not bad. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/15/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p13
The article reviews the social networking web site Twitter.com.
- She writes! She writes! Morrissey, Beth // Writer;Aug2010, Vol. 123 Issue 8, p9
This article discusses the web site She Writes, www.shewrites.com, which provides an online social network for authors.
- DVD-TRADING SITE PEERFLIX HAS BEEN SOLD. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;9/14/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 37, p10
This article reports on the purchase of the former digital videodisc (DVD)-swapping site Peerflix by Internet media holding company LiveUniverse. Peerflix ceased its DVD trading services earlier in April 2008 and instead became a movie media network. According to the site's owners, as the...
- Why business networking sites are both a liability and an asset. Carp, Juliet // People Management;1/28/2010, p28
The article discusses the disadvantages and benefits of business networking sites and what legal action can be taken by companies regarding breach of information. It offers suggestions on how companies can protect themselves from employees who may inadvertently share confidential information...
- Wild World of Online Social Networking. // Credit Union Executive Newsletter;1/22/2007, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p7
The article reports on the social networking sites. Several social networking sites such MySpace and Facebook became a place for people to interact and share their opinion in the aspect of commerce and financial services. Moreover, the increasing number of people signing up for free membership...