Valley VCs Get The Blues
- Beware the living dead. Hogg, Sam // Entrepreneur;Sep2013, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p75
The article discusses the effect of failing venture capital (VC) firms on start-up businesses, including issues such as investors' expectations of return on investment, capital, and VC management. The Silicon Valley Venture Capitalist Confidence Index report from professor Mark Cannice of the...
- Survey finds venture capitalists cautiously optimistic. // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/10/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 37, p25
Surveys trends in venture capital funding in the U.S. Adoption of a more traditional approach to investing; Optimism for market recovery; Development of long-term financial plans.
- Domestic Equity. // Investment Management Weekly;1/27/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p2
Presents a chart of domestic equities in investment management in the U.S. as of January 26, 2004. Houston Endowment Inc.; Grede Foundries Inc.; ChevronTexaco Corp.; University of San Francisco.
- Biggest Investment. // Time;10/26/1953, Vol. 62 Issue 17, p49
The article discusses a survey released by the U.S. Department of Commerce about the investments by the U.S. Findings suggest that Latin America received more U.S. venture capital than any other capital of the world and the total is increasing fast. Moreover, the survey indicated that 40% of...
- Athletic director. // Industrial Engineer: IE;Feb2008, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p16
The article profiles industrial engineer Debra Gore-Mann, athletic director at the University of San Francisco in California. She has been assigned to various corporate assignments, including materials science, investment banking and international business. Being a college athlete while studying...
- Venture capital deserting renewables. // Utility Week;12/3/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p5
The article offers information on a survey by Taylor Wessing and Clean Energy Pipeline, which showed a 40% decline in early-stage funding for renewable energy and clean technology schemes in Europe.
- Venture Money Continues to Pour In. // SCOR Report;May2001, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p1
Reveals an increase of venture money in the United States during the first quarter of 2001 according to the report of the National Venture Capital Association. Total average of venture capital in 2001 first-quarter; Comparison with the 2000 performance; Contributory factors to the increase.
- Venture capital deals. Primack, Dan // Fortune.com;10/25/2013, p1
News briefs on venture capital and venture capital company investments are presented including the financing of mobile application device developer Football App by Union Square Ventures, the financing of computer software company Integrate by venture capital and the financing of the location...
- ACT raises year's largest European technology fund. Dudley, Dominic // New Media Age;2/6/2003, p8
Reports on the venture capital fund raised by ACT Venture Capital in Europe in 2002. Amount of the fund raised; Target investments of the company; Plan of ACT for the money.