Microsoft Joins Linux on OLPC
- Fitting the Pieces Together. Yost, Patricia A. // Learning & Leading with Technology;Nov2007, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p22
The article reports on the success of a student laptop initiative that developed into a model for technology integration in State College, Pennsylvania middle schools. The strategy of the program was to provide time and supports enabling teachers to become competent technology integrators. The...
- The Teacher's Laptop as a Hub for Learning in the Classroom. Parr, Judy M.; Ward, Lorrae // Journal of Research on Technology in Education (International So;Fall2011, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p53
This article presents data from a longitudinal study of the effects of providing teachers with personal laptop computers. It considers the role of teacher laptops in learning and teaching in three schools selected because technology was widely used there. Using multiple methods of data...
- State of the States: MICHIGAN. Keller, Bess // Education Week;5/5/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p65
The article focuses on educational technology in Michigan. To give a boost to learning in some of Michigan's middle schools, the state bolstered federal technology money with state funds during the school year 2004-05, to put wireless laptops in the hands of some 20,000 students, mostly 6th...
- Growth In Virtual Learning, Data Management, Blogging and Podcasting Expected In 2006. // Electronic Education Report;1/27/2006, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p1
The article reports that opportunities for educational technology, virtual learning and data are expected to stimulate the growth in electronic education as 2006 begins and the effect of the No Child Left Behind policy starts to have an impact in the United States. Teachers are searching for...
- Thinking Holistically. // Learning & Leading with Technology;Sep2006, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p46
The article focuses on the role of Microsoft Corp. in educational technology in the U.S. Microsoft, one of the most successful technology companies, continues to work in defining standards for students, integrating curriculum technology, technology support, and standards for student assessment...
- PRODUCT REVIEWS: GENERAL-INTEREST SOFTWARE/WEB SITES. Hixson, Susan W. // MultiMedia & Internet@Schools;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p47
The article evaluates the P.E.T. Learning Style Solution online program from Learning Solution and offers information on its effectiveness in enhancing teachers' teaching styles and cost.
- The Importance of Delivering Classroom Content Via
Technology. Fletcher, Geoffrey H. // T H E Journal;Feb2004, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p4
Discusses the importance of delivering classroom content through technology. Policies from Texas that highlight the importance of technology in education; Lack of interest of schools in electronic products; Aspects missing in the delivery of content by technology.
- Technology in the Classroom: Tools for Building Stronger Communities and Better Citizens. Braun, Joseph A. // Kappa Delta Pi Record;Winter2004, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p69
Considers technology as a powerful instructional tool in teaching students about democracy, civic responsibility and a sense of community. Democratic principles in which teachers can incorporate technology as an instructional tool; Key learning experience for students using the Internet in...
- Title Watch. Felix, Kathie // Multimedia Schools;Oct2000, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p60
Features several CD-ROM, videodisc and educational software titles for grades K-12 students. Kids Mensa; Early Learning Grades PreK-12 Software Collection; Island Reading Journey; Literacy Skills Grades 1-3 Software Collection.