AOL Buys Sphere
- AOL Acquires BT Advertising Company Tacoda. Christopher, L. Carol // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;8/9/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p4
The article reports on the acquisition of Tacoda Inc. by AOL LLC, a subsidiary of Time Warner Inc., in the U.S. Tacoda is the largest and the most advanced behavioral targeting advertising network in the world and has established partnerships with more than 4,000 Web sites and reaching more than...
- Chime offers VCCP deal worth Â£30m. // Campaign;7/1/2005, Issue 27, p2
This article reports that Chime Communications is to acquire VCCP in a cash-and-shares deal that could be worth Â£30 million. Funding for the acquisition was aided by the purchase of 11.5 million shares, worth around Â£5 million, by WPP North Atlantic, subsidiary of WPP. Chime will pay...
- ESDC to Kill 13 Subsidiaries, Merge 25 Into Holding Company. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;5/8/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32624, p32
The article reports on the announcement of the Empire State Development Corp. (ESDC) concerning the dissolution of its 13 subsidiaries and merger of 25 others into a single holding company, called Empire State Allsub Corp., in New York. According to ESDC spokesman A. J. Carter, none of the...
- Trade-Through Fight Now With INET. Clary, Isabelle // Securities Industry News;10/6/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p1
Reports on the merger of Instinet with trading systems. Effect of the merger on Island, an electronics communications network; Plan of Instinet to restructure its value-added brokerage and execution business into incorporated subsidiaries; Information on companies under the Instinet Group.
- Charting the technology shakeout. // Logistics Today;Sep2003, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p19
Reports on developments pertaining to the operations and reorganization of various business logistics firms in the U.S. compiled as of September 2003. Changes in parent companies and their subsidiaries; Corporate mergers; Name changes.
- Company Spotlight: Kao Corporation. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Mar2007, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p95
The article reports on the consolidation plan of Kao Hanbai and Kao Cosmetic Sales, the subsidiaries of Kao Corp. in Japan. Accordingly, the said plan has been carried out as part of the reorganization of the company's structure. Moreover, Kao is also planning to introduce new business units...
- Why 'small is beautiful' is adland's new mantra. // Campaign;11/25/2005, Issue 48, p24
This article comments on several issues related to consolidation in the media industry. If there has been one consistent trend in business for the past 20 years, it has been consolidation. The rise of WPP Group PLC from metal basket manufacturer to the second-largest holding company in the...
- Premier Foods plots Â£26m roster review. Turner, Catherine // Marketing Week;8/9/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 32, p10
The article reports on the plan of Premier Foods Inc. to review its Â£26 million advertising business for the year 2007 in Great Britain. According to reports, the company plans to review all its operations following the acquisition of RHM which was completed in March 2007. In addition, the...
- Economic Economic events. // Canadian Economic Observer;Dec2004, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p2.1
Reports on the global economic events as of November 2004. Reorganization of the business operations of Bombardier; Increase of the U.S. federal funds rate; Plans of Kmart to merge with Sarge to create the third largest retailer in the U.S.