TechSpin: The Quest for Mobile Platforms
- Kleiner Perkins Plans to Invest $IB in Cleantech. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;11/23/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 47, p3
The article reports on the plan of Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB) to invest one billion dollar Green Growth Fund to CleanTECH San Diego in California. Ellen Pao, partner of KPCB, states that the firm is interested in companies engaging in various aspects of developing a smart grid....
- Kleiner's `Keiretsu'. Aragon, Lawrence; Hamm, Steve // PC Week;5/2/94, Vol. 11 Issue 17, Inside pA/1
Features the inter-related ventures of Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers in mobile computing and communications. Investment in wireless ventures; Spreading of investments in wireless carriers, complementary services, hardware, software applications and remote access solutions; Supply of...
- Mike Lazaridis, Co-founder, president & co-CEO, Research In Motion. McLaughlin, Kevin // CRN;12/12/2005, Issue 1175, p13
The article profiles Mike Lazaridis, co-founder, president and co-chief executive officer of Research In Motion Ltd. Lazaridis has donated more than $100 million to educational research initiatives in the Waterloo, Ontario, region. He was born in Turkey of Greek origin. He won a prize at the...
- uShip closes financing deal. // Fleet Owner Blog;12/27/2012, p4
The article reveals that uShip.com has announced that the company has finalized an 18 million U.S. dollars round of Series C financing with Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB).
- Exit Strategy a Challenge For Kleiner Perkins. // India -- West;2/3/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 11, pA42
The article reports on venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, which is finding it hard to exit the Indian companies it has currently invested in.
- TALENT WAR, YOUNG GUNS. // Fast Company;Oct2013, Issue 179, p82
The article reports on the three-month fellowship of venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers that pairs design students with startup firms in Silicon Valley in Northern California and mentions names and topics like Designer Fund, designer Mike Bostock, and artist Nicholas Felton.
- APP MAKING AN AUD CONNECTION. ATKIN, HILLARY // Daily Variety;8/12/2011, Vol. 312 Issue 25, p14
The article focuses on the growing Shazam icon application from the Great Britain-based mobile discovery company Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers which has mainly focused on music that is tagged by consumers and will be expanded through "Shazam for TV" offerings.
- 7) INTERNATIONAL. // Nonprofit World Funding Alert;Jun2008, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p8
The article features two international nonprofit organizations which grant programs in the U.S. The Presbyterian Hunger Program provides grants to projects and programs addressing hunger and its causes. The Royal Bank of Canada' Blue Water Project supports programs that address watershed...
- ROYAL BANK SPONSORS TORONTO PRIDE. Wockner, Rex // Bay Windows;7/1/1999, pN.PAG
Reports on the amount donated by Canada-based Royal Bank for the gay pride in Toronto, Ontario in June 1999. Statement issued by Edmee Metivier, a vice president of the bank, regarding the donation; Number of people who attended the event.