MySpace Befriends Merchandise
- GetMusic Gears Up With New Staff, Content Pact. GILLEN, MARILYN A. // Billboard;02/26/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 9, p6
Focuses on the relaunch of GetMusic, a joint venture of BMG and Universal Music Group. The shifting focus of GetMusic's web site, including the addition of content from unsigned musical acts; Sales volume of the web site; Details of GetMusic staff appointments.
- Tune swoon for MySpace. Littletown, Cynthia // Daily Variety;4/4/2008, Vol. 298 Issue 63, p1
The article reports on the joint venture between Sony BMG Music Entertainment, Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group Inc. and MySpace.com to weave their catalogs of music into MySpace's online community of music enthusiasts in the U.S. Chris DeWolfe, co-founder and chief executive officer...
- Facebook Socializing With Music Labels. // Red Herring;3/5/2008, p1
The article reports that Facebook, a social networking site, is negotiating with major music labels for its music service. The talks were described as preliminary and come after sources familiar with the discussion mentioned that the major labels had held similar talks with MySpace, the leading...
- BRIEFS. Gil, Billy // Home Media Magazine;4/6/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p36
This section offers news briefs on the home media industry. The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) launched the "Convert Your Mom" awareness campaign aiming to provide understanding to the elders regarding the government-mandated transition from analog to digital television. MySpace has...
- Indies incensed over MySpace omission. Ashton, Robert // Music Week;9/20/2008, Issue 38, p1
This article reports that the independent music industry in the U.S. is frustrated with the decision of the social networking website MySpace to exclude them from offerings on MySpace Music, its music downloading and playlist service. MySpace has contracted with the major record labels...
- BMG counters Net threat with online music sales venture. // Marketing Week;4/13/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p7
Reports on sound recording firm BMG Entertainment's sale of its current hit and catalogue music over the Internet. Alliance with digital clearing services firm Reciprocal; Reason for resorting to online sales of its music.
- MySpace CEO Will Give Keynote At Teens Confab. // Billboard;10/29/2005, Vol. 117 Issue 44, p12
This article focuses on myspace.com CEO Chris DeWolfe, who is among the featured speakers at What Teens Want/West, a day-long conference for top-level brand-marketing executives in the entertainment, media and advertising industries, on November 1, 2005 at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza in Los...
- BMG site hits the right notes. Greenberg, Ilan // InfoWorld;05/04/98, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p79
Focuses on the creation of BMG's state-of-the-art Web site for Internet commerce. Informational Web site created by BMG; Management of the project by Elizabeth Rose; Outsourcing of Web development and deployment to Renaissance Solutions; Launching of the site in January 1998.
- MySpace Is The (Online) Place. Bruno, Antony // Billboard;7/2/2005, Vol. 117 Issue 27, p14
Provides information on the career of Chris DeWolfe, CEO of Web portal MySpace. Problems encountered in hiring employees; Problems being encountered by the company; Use of the Web site for music promotion; Influence of MySpace as a digital music influencer with the online music store.