SlideShare, backed by Mark Cuban, Get $3M
- Ask a Big Geek. Lyons, Daniel // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);2/21/2011 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 157 Issue 8, p1
The article reports on the growing popularity of a new social network called Quora as of February 2011. Among the prominent people who are using the social network are sports mogul Mark Cuban, AOL cofounder Steve Case, and actor Ashton Kutcher. The site was developed by former Facebook engineers...
- Sensor Networker Pinpoints $13.3M. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;11/25/2008, p6
The article reports on the fund raised by Awarepoint, in a fourth round of funding. Awarepoint has pinpointed $13.3 million in a financing round, which was led by Cardinal Partners, and included Venrock and Avalon Ventures. In connection with the funding round, Brandon Hull, managing partner at...
- XenoPort Adds $40M Prior to Solzira Resubmission. // Bioworld Week;1/5/2009, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p1
The article reports that XenoPort Inc. is in dire need of funding due to missing out on its anticipated $23 million milestone payment from GlaxoSmithKline. It mentions that GlaxoSmithKline turned down the funding opportunity due to an error on the application of a new drug on restless legs...
- Financings Roundup. // BioWorld Today;12/18/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 243, p3
This article reveals the plan of Neurocrine Biosciences Inc. to sell an aggregate of 4.8 million shares of common stock to affiliate at Venrock in a bid to raise 10 million U.S. dollars via a privately negotiated transaction. December 22, 2010 is the expected closure of the financing deal. There...
- FINANCINGS ROUNDUP. // BioWorld Today;9/14/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 176, p5
This article reveals the plan of Cupertino, California-based Durect Corp. to sell primary shares of common stock to affiliates of venture capital firm Venrock. The offering, priced at 2.25 U.S. dollars per share, aims to raise 10 million U.S. dollars. September 18, 2009 is the expected closing...
- eIQnetworks Secures $10 Million. Medford, Cassimir // Red Herring;1/21/2009, p7
The article reports that elQnetworks obtained $10 million in its first round of venture capital funding. The funding was led by Venrock, a Cambridge, Massachusetts, venture capital (VC) firm that has invested in only 15 security companies in the past 14 years. eIQ markets software that protects...
- Mark Cuban: Whats the role of media for sports teams? // Broadcasting & Cable;4/11/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 15, p4
A blog from entrepreneur Mark Cuban who owns the National Basketball Association's (NBA) Dallas Mevericks in the U.S. is presented.
- Bad bosses leave mark on billionaire. // Executive Leadership;Aug2013, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p5
The article offers information on how Mark Cuban, owner of the National Basketball Association's (NBA)'s basketball team Dallas Mavericks, learned lessons on leadership, adapted from the article "At Age 25, Mark Cuban Learned Lessons About Leadership That Changed His Life" at www.forbes.com.
- Ye Ba By! Sager, Mike // Esquire;Apr2000, Vol. 133 Issue 4, p104
Features Mark Cuban, a billionaire. Rank of Cuban among the richest people; Value of Cuban's wealth; Comments from Cuban about his money.