eMeter Juices Up $12 Million
- Venture funding scarce for local software firms. Sodoma, Brian // Inside Tucson Business;09/07/98, Vol. 8 Issue 24, p21
Reports on the scarcity of venture capital funding for startup software firms in Arizona. Breakdown of capital funding allocation per industry; Efforts of the Greater Tucson Economic Council to show local firms the various financing options.
- S.D. Tech Firm Secures $5.8M in Funding. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;1/16/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p7
The article reports that San Diego, California-based software company Syntricity Inc. has secured $5.8 million in second round ventuer financing on January 11, 2006. The founding round was led by Windward Ventures, and also included GKM Ventures of Los Angeles and its affiliate fund, Osprey...
- Opportunities in 2004--what's your pick? // Siliconindia;Dec2003/Jan2004, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p26
Introduces several articles focusing on business opportunities in 2004 in the software and hardware industries as venture funding becomes more available.
- THE DYNAMICS OF VENTURE CAPITAL DECISION MAKING. PETTY, JEFFREY S. // Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings;2009, p1
The article focuses on research into the dynamics of investment analysis and decision making in venture capital (VC) financing. The four criteria for VC investment decisions, six activities in the VC decision process, and two characteristics of VC decision research are discussed as well as...
- Size and Focus of a Venture Capitalist's Portfolio. Fulghieri, Paolo; Sevilir, Merih // Review of Financial Studies;Nov2009, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p4643
We take a portfolio approach to analyze the investment strategy of a venture capitalist (VC) and show that portfolio size and scope affect both the entrepreneurs' and the VC's incentives to exert effort. A small portfolio improves entrepreneurial incentives because it allows the VC to...
- Back to the Future: Adaptation and Precognition in Venture Capital. D'Souza, Rodney R.; Clarkin, John E. // Small Business InstituteÂ® Journal (SBIJ);Oct2014, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p44
Adaptability and effective strategy are cornerstones of most successful entrepreneurial ventures. Arguably, organizations in the venture capital (VC) sector that provide access to capital and strategic advice to entrepreneurs should be among the most proficient at adaptability and implementing...
- Emeter Expands Offering Through the Cloud. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;11/13/2013, p4
The article offers brief information on the new cloud-based offering for small and mid-sized utilities from eMeter Corp.
- Q2 venture capital survey. Marsan, Carolyn Duffy // Network World;08/21/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 34, p1
Reports on the amount of venture capital invested in business services, network software and telecommunication start-up companies in the United States in the second quarter of 2000. Figures from the PricewaterhouseCoopers/Network World Venture Capital Survey; Downturn in the valuation of...
- WHO GETS THE MONEY. Gome, Amanda; Le Mesurier, Kristen // BRW;6/2/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p52
Reports that software developer Distra has attracted a $5-million injection from venture capital firm Starfish Ventures to help commercialize its software and launch it internationally.