Imeem Scoops Up Snocap
- THE LATEST NEWS FROM .biz. Brandle, Lars; Christman, Ed; Netherby, Jennifer; Paine, Andre; Peters, Mitchell; Waddell, Ray // Billboard;2/23/2008, Vol. 120 Issue 8, p7
The article offers news briefs concerning issues related to the music industry. It is reported that internet search engine Google announced plans to enter the online music market in China for the first time. A five-year deal has been reached between facility management firm SMG and the Chicago...
- SHAWN FANNING. Garrity, Brian // Billboard;1/29/2005, Vol. 117 Issue 5, p16
Features Shawn Fanning, creator of Napster Inc. and founder and chief strategy officer of Snocap in San Francisco, California. Birthday; Function of Snocap.
- SELECTED MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS. // Smart Business Cleveland;Jan2010, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p14
A list of selected closed and announced mergers and acquisitions is presented which includes deals involving BetaZone Inc., Imeem Inc., and NetKey Inc.
- Snocap's Fanning Signs On. // Billboard;2/26/2005, Vol. 117 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the upcoming Billboard Music & Money Symposium that will be participated by Snocap founder and chief strategy officer Shawn Fanning. Expected participants of Music & Money which will take place on March 3, 2005; Guests in all-star session that will discuss dealmaking and asset...
- Making an 'eDealya' to create Israeli business ties. WIENER, ROBERT // New Jersey Jewish News;7/28/2011, Vol. 65 Issue 30, p10
The article reports on the venture of New York University (NYU) students with eDealya to create new economic capital integrating social networks with business ties in the U.S. and Israel.
- Last week suggests the industry and internet are working things out. Williams, Paul // Music Week;6/13/2009, Issue 23, p4
The author reflects on the business potential of internet in the music industry as discussed in the Making Online Music Pay conference of "Music Week." It states that the event explored areas like the possibility of popularity exploitation of social networking sites. He notes that worries of...
- Courtney Holt. Bruno, Antony // Billboard;4/11/2009, Vol. 121 Issue 14, p15
The article presents an interview with Courtney Holt, president of MySpace Music. He says his first task was making the service more usable. He discusses the nature of his working relationship with the four major record labels. Holt says the company is working toward a broad-based video...
- imeem Sold to Myspace Platform. Marino, Jonathan // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;12/14/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p18
The article focuses on the sale of social network and music sharing Web site imeem.com to News Corporation's Myspace. The purchase is aimed at integrating the free streaming music site into the Myspace platform, MySpace Music. The transition into MySpace Music will be supervised by imeem...
- Campaign focus. // Music Week;1/24/2009, Issue 3, p15
The article discusses the efforts of the Mercury record company to promote the musician Taylor Swift in Great Britain via the Internet. The company has created a widget containing videos, lyrics, news, retail links, and competitions that update automatically and can be incorporated into fan's...