Feds Tackle Mobile Spam
- SIMPLE COMMUNICATION TO DRIVE MOBILE INTERNET IN 2003. // Tele-Service News;Jan2003, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
Provides information on the 'Telecom Outlook Report on Wireless' by the Center for Telecom Management at the University of Southern California Marshall School of Business regarding text messaging on mobile phones and email address.
- Australian mobile CPs self-regulate as SMS complaints soar. Colqhoun, Lachlan // Wireless Asia;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p10
Reports that Australian mobile content providers have implemented a new system of self-regulation. Basis in the implementation of the system; Conditions under the system; Features of the scheme.
- Mobile phone text messaging in the management of diabetes. Ferrer-Roca, O.; Cárdenas, A.; Diaz-Cardama, A.; Pulido, P. // Journal of Telemedicine & Telecare;Oct2004, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p282
We conducted a trial of mobile phone text messaging (short message service; SMS) for diabetes management. In an eight-month period, 23 diabetic patients used the service. Patients used SMS to transmit data such as blood glucose levels and body weight to a server. The server automatically...
- China's telcos position for enterprise superiority. ang, Jane // Telecom Asia;May2011, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p40
The author discusses the strategy of business enterprises in the mobile service market in China. He states that the broadband operators has developed an enterprise mobility strategy that offers integrated fixed-line and mobile services to enterprises. Further he mentions that the China Mobile is...
- Mobile market still trying to find its voice. Einstein, Marc // Telecom Asia;Jul2009, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p22
The article reports on the attempt of the mobile market to switch to voice-centric in the Philippines in 2009. The regulation of introducing a 50 centavo maximum charge for all telecom transactions would change the market to a voice-centric one, but would be financially fatal for the industry....
- Concern rises regarding mobility of shortcodes. Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;2/5/2004, p1
Highlights the lack of regulation on transferral and ownership of SMS shortcodes in Great Britain as of February 2004. Functionality of shortcodes; Concerns on the mobility of shortcodes; Efforts of the Mobile Data Association to address the issue; Issue pointed out by phonefurniture CEO Simon...
- More Carriers Begin Implementing SMS Interoperability. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;3/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the trend of offering intercarrier text messaging among wireless communication carriers in the U.S. Examples of carriers that are planning and have implemented intercarrier text messaging; Factor that has acted as a primary barrier to the widespread adoption of short messaging...
- TEXTING KNOWS NO BOUNDS. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;10/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p6
Discusses the widespread use of short messaging service (SMS) or text messaging. Uses of SMS; Number of SMS messages sent over U.S. carrier networks in June 2005; Forecasts of In-Stat analyst David Chamberlain for SMS traffic and revenues from SMS.
- IMPACT TELECOM ACQUIRES CITESSENTIALS. // Telephone IP News;Mar2014, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p5
The article reports on the agreement reached by telecommunications provider Impact Telecom and short messaging system (SMS) solutions provider Citessentials where the former will be acquiring Citessentials, which will see Steve Sherman as senior vice president of messaging services at Impact...