Deutsche Telekom Eying Sprint Purchase?
- A Roadmap for Dissent. MacFadyen, Ken // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/2/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p18
The article analyzes the purchase of Deutsche Telekom's T-Mobile USA division by AT&T for 39 billion U.S. dollars. Philip Humm, president and chief executive officer of T-Mobile USA, finds the transaction unexpected and unsettling. Sprint criticized the deal, claiming that the companies will be...
- Auction reflections. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;9/25/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p10
The article offers reflections on the Auction 66, also known as the advanced wireless services, by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission in 2006. Deutsche Telekom AG is serious about maintaining the place of its subsidiary, T-Mobile USA Inc., place among the elite of the domestic market....
- T-Mobile Reportedly in Merger Talks With MetroPCS. // CIO Insight;
The article reports on the merger talks between telecommunication carriers T-Mobile USA Inc. and MetroPCS Inc. It notes that the deal may result in a stock swap giving both companies control over T-Mobile's parent firm Deutsche Telekom AG or an outright sale of T-Mobile. It accounts the...
- Mayday, Mayday: MetroPCS/T-Mobile USA Deal Closes Next Week. // CT Daily;4/24/2013, p1
The article offers information on the closure of the deal of merger between MetroPCS Inc. and T-Mobile USA Inc. on May 1, 2013. It mentions that after the completion of the merger deal, former MetroPCS shareholders of will receive 26 percent of the shares of the new company whereas majority of...
- Deutsche Telekom approves SoftBank's plan to acquire T-Mobile US. Hedges, Laura // Capacity Magazine;3/16/2015, p1
Deutsche Telekom has agreed to SoftBank's plan to acquire T-Mobile US, according to local reports.
- Iliad considering bid for bigger stake in T-Mobile US. Hedges, Laura // Capacity Magazine;3/16/2015, p1
France's Iliad is considering the possibility of bidding for a "significantly larger" stake in Deutsche Telekom's T-Mobile than it previously sought.
- Tough sell. Silva, Jeffrey; Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;5/12/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p1
The article deals with the challenges facing the acquisition by Deutsche Telekom AG of Sprint Nextel Corp. in the U.S. Foreign investments in U.S. firms attract scrutiny stemming from post-9/11 homeland security considerations and economic implications for workers. Critics continue to decry the...
- Sprint sues to stop AT&T merger, calling it 'brazenly uncompetitive'. Sasso, Brendan // Hill;9/7/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 119, p18
The article reports on the move of Sprint Nextel Corp. in filing a suit in federal court to block the merger of rivals AT&T Inc. and T-Mobile USA Inc. as it would illegally reduce competition in the wireless market in the U.S.
- A Roadmap for Dissent. MacFADYEN, KEN // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;May2011, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p18
The article focuses on the opposition of AT&T's acquisition of Deutsche Telekom AG's T-Mobile USA Inc., by other carriers in the U.S. Even T-Mobile USA president Philip Humm is not happy with the deal and described it as an unexpected and somewhat unsettling transaction. However, Dechert partner...