Cablevision to Spend $300M on Free Wi-Fi
- CORD-CUTTERS IN THE CITY? SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;9/20/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 35, p2
The article reports on the move of the New York City officials to conduct agreements with the cable companies Time Warner Cable Inc. and Cablevision Systems Corp. on terminating contracts if the cable-television revenue would decline by 2020. The Department of Information Technology &...
- Cablevision Joins Club. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/13/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p4
The article reports on the financial performance of Cablevision Systems in the U.S. during the second quarter of 2007. The company's financial performance proved to be disappointing during the period and it consequently reduced its year-end cash-flow and revenue projections for 2007. Cablevision...
- Wi-Fi represents big future for cable. // WiFi/ WLAN;Oct2014, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p7
The article discusses the potential of Wi-Fi to represent big future for the cable business.
- Cablevision Posts a 389K Q2 Video Subscriber Loss. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;8/12/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 32, p7
The article reports that cable television company Cablevision has lost 389,000 video subscribers in the U.S. at the end of the second quarter of 2013.
- Facing Increased Competition, Cablevision Sheds 68K Subscriptions. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;11/11/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 43, p2
The article informs that Cablevision Systems Corp., American cable television company, had shedded 37,000 basic-video customers and has struggled with increased competition and its own past success in the third quarter of 2013.
- Clearing Some Fog and Noise. Junkus, Justin J. // Communications Technology;May2007, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p18
The article discusses the fixed-mobile convergence (FMC), described as totally different types of services which involve making phone calls through a dual-mode cell phone, and sometimes talking over a cellular carrier's network, and talking over a landline service provider's network at other...
- TV Everywhere's Unfi nished Business. WINSLOW, GEORGE // Multichannel News;1/7/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p11
The article discusses issues related to the TV Everywhere (TVE), a verification system concerning television service providers and Internet Protocol television. It mentions that several cable telecommunications companies including Time Warner Cable Inc., Cablevision Systems Corp. and Cox...
- Cablevision Gives Fox News Big Hike. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/23/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 42, p26
The article reports on a deal between Fox News and Cablevision System increasing the licensing fee paid the cable network by the carrier. It is noted Fox's rate per subscriber will triple in the new arrangement. Fox's lesser profitability compared to rival CNN due to the latter's higher...
- Substandard news from Comcast is a real downer. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/26/2007, Vol. 400 Issue 56, p2
The article focuses on the decrease in the stock prices of various cable television networks in the U.S. in October 2007. According to the management of the cable television operator Comcast Corp., increased competition has reduced the number of the operator's subscribers. The prices of...