MMA Renewable Ventures Sold to Spanish Firm
- TAX & FINANCIAL PLANNING NEWS. // Accounting Technology;Mar2003, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p14
Presents developments related to tax and financial planning in the U.S. as of March 2003. Resignation of chief executive officer Rebecca Hensley of CCH Legal Information Services; Selection of Steven Block as chief executive officer of Unger Software; Acquisition of ProBusiness from ADP...
- The Narcissist Premium. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov2010, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p7
The article presents the study entitled CEO Narcissism and the Takeover Process which examines the psychological characteristics of chief executive officers (CEO) and its impacts on mergers & acquisitions (M&A).
- Ambition, fame and selling out. // Business Communications Review;Dec98, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p10
Reports on news briefs about telecommunication as of December 1998. Prediction of increase in corporate acquisitions; Increase in visibility of high technology chief executive officers; Need for technology company launching an initial public offering to perform a thorough intellectual property...
- Hunter Or Prey? Konish, Nancy; Gawel, Richard // Electronic Design;02/08/99, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p70
Reports on the results of a survey of corporate chief executive officers about the trend towards consolidation. Percentage of respondents who think about the possibility of the acquisition of their own firms; Merger as a way for company revenue growth; Preserving the business model and...
- Do Golden Parachutes Increase CEO's DESIRE to Be Taken Over? Empirical Evidence from Australia and United States. Reddy, K. R. Krishna; Abidin, Sazali; Woon, Caillor // Asian Journal of Finance & Accounting;2012, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p107
This study investigates whether the large payouts that are available to Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) from a change in corporate control (takeover) do motivate some CEOs to seek acquisition of their firms by making them more attractive to a takeover bid. Using Australian and the US data,...
- Slow and Steady. Gonser, Sarah // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Jan2003, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p20
Forecasts trends in mergers and acquisitions in the U.S. magazine industry in 2003. Factors influencing merger activities in the industry; Goals of Aurelian Communications chief executive officer Bill Reilly; Advice to chief executives.
- EXECS TOUCH DOWN. Snyder, Jim // Hill;4/23/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p22
The article reports on the plan of the chief executive officers (CEOs) of Delta Corp. and Northwest Corp. in the U.S. concerning their proposed $17.7 billion merger.
- Tomorrow, the world. // Oregon Business Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p16
Reports the nomination of chief executive officers Ray Davis and Sid DeBoer for the Acquirer of the Year award in Oregon. Acquisition of Centennial Bank by Umpqua Bank; Accounts on the total number of acquisitions heads by DeBoer.
- Darwin in the Marketplace. Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Feb99, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p5
Unveils the result of a survey conducted by search firm Christian & Timbers which shows the increasing pressure faced by chief executive officers (CEO) to make acquisitions. Reasons for increased consolidation.