Carbon Costs Under Obama Cap-and-Trade
- Cap-and-spend. Jason, Gary // Liberty (08941408);Dec2009, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p18
The author analyzes reports about the negative effect of the cap-and-trade legislation being pursued by U.S. President Barack Obama. He notes the figures from the reports about the impact of cap-and-trade on U.S. economy, jobs, and electricity prices. He also cites memos which revealed that the...
- Alarming level of debt. Hoxter, Curtis J. // Caribbean Business;8/5/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 30, p10
The article reports on the projection of U.S. President Barack Obama's administration that the country's budget deficit in 2011 will reach 9.2 percent of the economy. It states that the deficit forecast was expected to increase from 1.267 trillion dollars in February 2010 to 1.47 trillion in the...
- Obama Used His Budget Address as a Campaign Stop. // Human Events;4/25/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 16, p3
The article reports on the speech of U.S. President Barack Obama delivered at George Washington Unversity in April 2011 about budget reform and tax cuts. Obama spoke about the negative impact of entitlement expenses when there are no changes made. He cited the need for tax reform and how he...
- President's 2015 budget to overshadow all else. Schroeder, Peter; Wasson, Erik; Needham, Vicki // Hill;3/3/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p14
The article reports that the fiscal 2015 budget will be released by U.S. President Barack Obama on March 4, 2014.
- Sequestration Order for Fiscal Year 2014 Pursuant to Section 251A of the Balance Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act, As Amended. OBAMA, BARACK // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;4/10/2013, Special section p1
The article presents U.S. President Barack Obama's sequestration order for fiscal year 2014 pursuant to Section 251A of the Balance Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act, as amended effective October 1, 2013. The order was released on April 10, 2013 and was published in the "Federal Register"...
- 2013 Budget Supports Food Safety, Hunger Relief. Telesca, Jenna // Supermarket News Expert Blog;2/21/2012, p4
The article reports on the 2013 budget of U.S. President Barack Obama which includes funds for hunger and obesity prevention and food safety. Based on the budget, the Agriculture and Food Research Initiative will be given additional funding for research in crop protection, sustainable...
- Remarks on the Federal Budget. Obama, Barack H. // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;3/17/2009, p1
The article presents the text of a speech by U.S. President Barack Obama, delivered at the Dwight D. Eisenhower Executive Office Building in Washington, D.C. on March 17, 2009, in which he discussed federal budget, tax cut for working families and his continued focus on banking crisis.
- State of the Union Math Test (Guest Voice) (UPDATED). Dionne, Jr., E. J. // Moderate Voice;1/28/2010, p15
The article focuses on the task of U.S. President Barrack Obama regarding the prevention of the result of one special Senate election, in which he does a political math test in order to find solutions for simultaneous equations. It states that Obama seeks a Washington to work with partisan lines...
- Do You Support Obama's Deficit Spending? Reed, William // Washington Informer;2/7/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 17, p16
In this article, the author comments on the high spending and rising federal deficits for the U.S. under the legacy of U.S. President Barack Obama.