Microsoft Grabs MobiComp for Backups
- Nokia to Acquire Plazes for Location Services. Medford, Cassimir // Red Herring;6/23/2008, p2
The article unveils the plan of mobile communication provider Nokia to acquire location-based services provider Plazes. Plazes markets location-enabled social networking application that allows users to update their profiles. Such acquisition will be Nokia's ninth purchase of a mobile services...
- Microsoft buys mobile software developer. // RCR Wireless News;6/30/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p20
The article reports on the intention of Microsoft Corp. to purchase Portuguese mobile software developer MobiComp. MobiComp specializes in data protection and management technologies for data restoration in mobile telephones. The deal focuses on MobiComp's networking sites which will be...
- Nokia and Microsoft: a smart or futile deal? Ritson, Mark // Marketing Week;9/5/2013, p10
The article reports on software company Microsoft's acquisition of Nokia's devices business which gives Microsoft an opportunity to penetrate the world of mobile hardware and software production through Nokia's sub-brands Lumia and Asha. Topics include a description of the deal, Nokia's share of...
- Windows to the future. Steeves, Rich // InsideCounsel;Nov2013, Vol. 24 Issue 263, p54
The article presents the insights of Brad Smith, general counsel at software manufacturer Microsoft Corp., concerning the role of company's acquisition deal with Nokia Corp. in putting Microsoft in the mobile communication industry. Smith says that the acquistion will allow the company to...
- All Change. McGurren, Ian // Micro Mart;10/21/2013, Issue 1283, p110
The article looks at why seven years is a long time in technology when technology companies Nokia and Research in Motion (RIM) dominated the mobile world since 2006. It reports the plan of software company Microsoft to acquire the phone business of Nokia as it is unable to adapt to the...
- Nokia acquires Plazes. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;6/30/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p7
The article reports on the acquisition of Plazes AG by Nokia Corp. in Berlin, Germany. Plazes, which specializes in the provision of social networking services in the country, will play essential role in enhancing Nokia's competitiveness in the provision of social networking activities. Nokia...
- Will this handshake cost Europe mobile primacy? // Electronics Weekly;9/11/2013, Issue 2559, p7
The article offers information on the acquisition of Nokia Corp.'s mobile handset business by Microsoft Corp.
- Microsoft Excludes Chennai Factory from Nokia Deal. // India -- West;5/2/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 24, pB4
The article reports on the acquisition of Nokia's mobile handset business by computer software company Microsoft on July 25, 2014, excluding the telecommunication equipment company's factory in Chennai, India due to tax reasons.
- Microsoft buys Nokia's mobile phone division for Â£4.6 billion. // Computer Shopper;Dec2013, Issue 310, p24
The article informs that American software company Microsoft Corp. buys the hardware business of smart phone and feature phone maker Nokia Corp. in 4.6 billion U.S. dollars.