Jaxtr Dials In Another $10M
- Pressure points. Morris, Anne // Total Telecom Magazine;Jun2009, p9
The article focuses on new services offered by mobile operators to address revenue threats in 2009. Expanding into new service areas, Vodafone has launched an applications store which enables content partners and developers to create mobile applications and services. According to Gartner, over...
- Palo Alto Networks Secures Lehman. Sadighi, Lalee // Red Herring;8/18/2008, p4
The article reports on the $27 million investment secured by enterprise network security provider Palo Alto Networks in a third round financing. The financing round, which was led by Lehman Brothers Venture Partners, Globespan Capital Partners, Greylock Partners and Sequoia Capital, increased...
- Filipinos Fancy Mobile Phones. Dayao, Dinna Louise C. // Wireless Week;03/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p66
Focuses on the increasing number of people in the Philippines using mobile telephones. Factors contributing to the booming mobile sector in the country; Overview of the trend; Prediction for the Philippine mobile phone subscription.
- Pre-Paid Services Ignite Mobile Markets. McClure, Ben // Telecommunications - International Edition;Nov98, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p21
Discusses the role of pre-paid services in the increasing sales of mobile telephones in Europe. Companies that offer pre-paid services; Statistical information on prepaid cellular subscribers; Marketing of pre-paid services in Italy.
- The Political Drivers of Spectrum Value. Shosteck, Herschel // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep99, Vol. 33 Issue 9, pS88
Discusses the different issues and concerns faced by mobile network operators preparing to bid for the third generation (3G) of cellular phone services. Expectations of high value promulgated by the political and financial interests of government and regulators; Multiple factors that have...
- Wireless Prepaid Billing: A Global Overview. Martin, John // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep99, Vol. 33 Issue 9, pS106
Discusses the challenges posed by the growth of prepaid wireless services on mobile system operators. Emergence of prepaid billing as a primary vehicle for introducing customers to wireless communications services; Opportunities presented by prepaid wireless services for infrastructure providers.
- Coping with the NGN. Fuller, Wayne // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep99, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p142
Discusses the complexities of managing the service delivery aspect of the third generation (3G) of mobile communications services. Added complexity of integrating 3G mobile communication systems with legacy systems; Description of service level agreements.
- Pushing The Button On Push To Talk. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;5/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p20
Focuses on the efforts of handset makers to make consumer-friendly phones that incorporates push-to-talk (PTT) technology. PTT technology of Motorola; Results of the user-interface research conducted by handset makers; Challenges in incorporating the PTT button and speakers in the handset.
- A new mobile landscape up ahead. Tierney, Stephen // Supply Chain Europe;Oct2004, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p46
Discusses the business condition of mobile network operators in Europe. Citations of mobile carrier companies with high operating profits in 2003; Average amount of the operating profits; Factors contributing to the growth of the sector.