- `N.Y. Times' plans 2 new sections for '97. // Advertising Age;12/16/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 51, p36
Announces that `The New York Times' will introduce two new daily sections in September 1997, devoted to sports and culture. The newspaper's move to publish six sections daily with four-color capability; Initiation of a corporate branding campaign to begin first quarter 1997.
- N.Y. Times Co. puts five dailies up for sale. // Editor & Publisher;3/18/95, Vol. 128 Issue 11, p45
Reports on negotiations by the New York Times Co. (NYT) to sell several of its daily and weekly newspapers. NYT's plans to invest in regional newspapers and electronic media; Combined daily circulation of newspapers being sold.
- Good times, bad times. Hass, Nancy // FW;9/1/93, Vol. 162 Issue 17, p38
Focuses on the New York Times Co.'s economic performance. President and chief operating officer Lance Primis; Revenues; Stock; Pending acquisition of Affiliated Publications; Peers and competitors; Tribune Co.; Preparations for the 21st century; Advertising.
- Times Co. pledges to put new media at forefront. Kelly, Keith J. // Advertising Age;12/12/94, Vol. 65 Issue 52, p24
Reports on the company operations of the New York Times Company. Times Co.'s commitment to the print media; Plans for the expansion of its holdings in electronic media; Negotiations with online providers; Launching of its Boston Globe Electronic Publishing, which will focus on interactive...
- Times goes electronic. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;12/12/94, Vol. 10 Issue 50, p42
Reports on New York Times Co.'s announcement of a shift in its involvement in electronic media.
- Times papers on block. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;3/13/95, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p38
Reports that The New York Times Co. is planning to sell five daily newspapers and two weeklies.
- N.Y. Times Co. ad volumn down in May. // Editor & Publisher;7/13/96, Vol. 129 Issue 28, p19
Reports that advertisement volume of newspapers owned by the New York Times Co. has experienced a drop in May 1996.
- Up for sale. // Editor & Publisher;03/29/97, Vol. 130 Issue 13, p5
Reports that New York Times co. plans to sell its tennis, sailing and ski magazines.
- N.Y. Times Co. puts a unit up for sale. A.P. // Editor & Publisher;03/29/97, Vol. 130 Issue 13, p27
Reports that the New York Times Co. plans to sells its custom publishing division, which produces specialized magazines for corporations and other clients.