VCs Bet on Opposing Views
- THE RULES OF REIMBURSEMENT. // Credit Union Management;Nov2004, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p9
This article discusses the opinions of various people on whether candidates interviewed for the post of chief executive officer in credit unions should get his expenses during the interview reimbursed. Although some put the onus on the credit union to pay the applicant's expenses, others thought...
- Young CEOs fuel debate on experience versus energy. G. B. // Public Relations Strategist;Spring2012, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p5
The article offers information on the debate initiated by young chief executive officers (CEOs) like Mark Zuckerbergon the website Facebook over experience versus energy.
- Opinews, plateforme vidÃ©o de dÃ©bats. // Archimag;mai2011, Issue 244, p7
The article discusses the creation of the interactive online debate platform Opinews, designed to incorporate web-based video news, chat service, and podcasts to encourage responsible Internet debating and engagement with the political process and current events.
- Pelton Explains FAA Funding Controversy. Collogan, David // Business & Commercial Aviation;Apr2006, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p91
The article discusses issues related to the debate over the U. S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) funding with reference to the remarks of Jack Pelton, chairman, CEO and president of Cessna Aircraft on the funding. In his remarks, Pelton covered all the salient points related to the debate...
- Scottish Futures Trust. Coryton, Demitri; Grimmett, Helen; Hargreaves, Arabella; Marshall, Michael; Waterman, Chris // Children's Services Parliamentary Monitor;Nov2008, Issue 25, p741
The article discusses a ministerial debate on Scottish Futures Trust held at the Scottish Parliament in Scotland on November 13, 2008. It focused on the trust which is an alternative way to finance public sector projects such as schools and colleges. Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Sustainable...
- Sporting chances. AITKEN, KEITH // Public Finance;Jan/Feb2013, Issue 1/2, p18
The article reports that chief executives and local government finance directors have agreed on the significance of scarce public resource investment in major sports events in the community. It says that the panel of speakers at the dinner debate of "Public Finance" in Glasgow, Scotland in 2013...
- Read Smart, Grow Smart. Sheldon, Amy Wilson // Fast Company;May2001, Issue 46, p202
This article deals with the efforts of Oingo CEO Gil Elbaz to improve the performance of the company in 2001. While much of the technology sector is contracting, his company is growing. But he worries that fast growth can foster a narrow perspective so he has incorporated works of philosophy...
- Choose the Right Technology Tools. // Credit Union Directors Newsletter;Mar2002, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p4
Presents technology tools in helping directors and management teams simplify communications. Features of the message boards and listservs; Content of a board Web site; Key to successful conference calls.
- CyberSightings. // CyberPsychology & Behavior;Dec2001, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p745
Presents websites, listservers and schedule of conferences of interest to researchers and clinicians in the field of cyberspace and psychology. Http://www.digiplay.org.uk/index2.php; Http://www.emtech.net/index.shtml; 'Computer Support for Collaborative Learning 2002,' in Boulder, Colorado on...