ESPN's Digital Rights Hail Mary
- ESPN MAKES JUMP TO MAJOR LEAGUE. Hampp, Andrew // Advertising Age;5/14/2007, Vol. 78 Issue 20, p32
An interview with George Bodenheimer, President of the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network (ESPN) is presented. Bodenheimer was asked how ESPN can keep young men loyal to the station. He was also asked how he was able to build ESPN into a multi-platform brand when his competitors are...
- He Got Game. // Multichannel News;9/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p22
Interviews ESPN president George Bodenheimer about the cable network in the U.S. Attributes shown to the network; Remembrance of the network's broadcasting of the first National Football League; Ability of the average viewers to understand the relationship between cable networks and local cable...
- TWC, ESPN Ride Together in Texas. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);6/9/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p76
Reports on a rate hike at ESPN cable network as of June 9, 2003. Details on value propositions presented by George Bodenheimer, president of ESPN and ABC Sports; Debate over ESPN's value versus rising costs for customers; Airing of X Games Global Championship in Texas.
- VALUE OF THE GAME. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p1B
Examines the relationship between sporting events and the cable industry and the high level of influence each has on the other. Domination of cable or broadcast networks in telecast rights of major U.S. sports; Consistent viewership ratings enjoyed by sporting events; High costs of acquisition...
- Cox Tips Hornets-Centered Net In N'awlins. Umstead, R Thomas // Multichannel News;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p14
Reports on deals of the regional sports network Cox Sports Television, slated to launch on October 28, 2002 with several television networks. Terms of the agreement of the network with the ESPN channel to provide college-sports events and news programming; Plans of the network regarding its...
- Cable bases loading up with new sports webs. Richmond, Ray // Variety;10/14/96, Vol. 364 Issue 11, p39
Reports on developments related to cable television in the United States as of October 14, 1996. Cable networks' launch of sports news channels; Background on the market for sports news channels; Market observers' comments.
- Ganging up on sports fees. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;5/13/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 20, p22
Focuses on the impact of increased sports-programming cost on the cable television broadcasting of sports events in the U.S. Reference to the failure of Cablevision Systems to carry Yankees Entertainment & Sports; Subscribers lost by Cablevision due to the conflict; Involvement of ESPN.
- Court TV. Sparrow, David // Tennis;
Reports on the launching of the Tennis Channel cable network.
- Cameras on the court. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;10/28/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 44, p44
Reports on innovative techniques adopted by sports cable television network ESPN to attract viewers to its National Basketball Association (NBA) coverage in late October 2002. Technology implemented by ESPN to broadcast NBA action; Usage of interactive chalkboard by TNT to help viewers to break...