Cable Leaders Pilot Targeted Ads
- Forming an Interactive Nation. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;5/17/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p22
The article offers information on a consumer awareness campaign of advertising interactive features of Enhanced TV Binary Interchange Format (EBIF) as "selecTV," which aims to provide EBIF interactive television standard for around 25m subscribers by the end of 2010.
- Interactive Advertising Primed for Local Growth. // Multichannel News;06/05/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p62
Envisions the opportunities posed by efforts to blend the interactivity of the Internet with television on cable television advertising. Emergence of an alternative source of advertising revenue; Setting up of online shopping mall; Cable networks' capitalizing on their brand strength to attract...
- Cable getting ready for future of TV ads. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;06/18/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p14
Explores cable television advertising options in the United States. Opportunities offered by video-on-demand and other forms of digital broadband interactivity; Changes in cable's advertising paradigm; Experiments on advertising alternatives for broadband and interactive television.
- Advanced Advertising: Measuring Success In More Ways Than One. // Communications Technology;5/15/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p6
The article discusses the success achieved by cable television broadcasting companies by following advanced advertising approaches. It is given that Canoe Ventures LLC achieved success and reached 18 million households with its interactive television (iTV) platform. Andrew Ward eastern regional...
- ADDRESSABLE ADS ARE HERE; WHO'S READY? Hampp, Andrew // Advertising Age;4/13/2009, Vol. 80 Issue 13, p9
The article focuses on the television advertising technology firm Canoe Ventures, a joint venture of the leading U.S. cable television operating systems. The company is introducing a platform which will create interactive television advertising for video dial tone channels for cable television...
- INTERACTIVE. Fokkan, Jim // Multichannel News;06/05/2000 Supplement, Vol. 21, p6A
Reports on interactive television plans of United States cable advertisers and cable programmers. Discovery Networks; Cable News Network; Interactive ads geared primarily to generating consumer information requests; Tests via Wink Communications Inc., WorldGate Communications Inc., Road Runner,...
- Meanwhile, at the MSOs... // Multichannel News;06/05/2000 Supplement, Vol. 21, p10A
Reports on the status of interactive technology in United States cable networks. Interactive advertising; Revenue opportunities; Media convergence's creation of opportunities to build relationships; Ways that interactivity could lead to changes in the way business is conducted.
- Power to the :30. Frey, Barry // Brandweek;2/2/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p2
In this article the author discusses the benefits that marketers could find with the use of thirty second advertising and interactive technology that is available from cable television stations. Also investigated are the financial advantages of using thirty second advertisements and interactive...
- Cable connects with advertisers. Cooper, Jim // Adweek Eastern Edition;9/20/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 38, p38
Focuses on the support given cable television networks by advertisers in the United States. Growth of cable TV through original programming and ventures into interactive technology; Improvement of the contents and expansion of services offered; Cable networks enjoying high viewership ratings;...