deCarta Finds $6M for Location-Based Services
- Fennell to head Pinnacle. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;6/24/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 26, p32
Reports the selection of J. Kim Fennell to the position of chief executive officer of Pinnacle Systems in the U.S. Career history of Fennell; Expertise in marketing and sales; Capability of running a billion-dollar company.
- Connected Navigation Service. // Software World;Mar2009, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p22
The article reviews the NavSearch API software platform from deCarta Inc.
- Travel brands need to check out location-based services. DOUGLAS, DAN // New Media Age;9/9/2010, p15
The author emphasizes the need for the travel industry to consider opportunities in location-based services.
- Top five trends to took out for this year. // Finweek;2/25/2010, p38
The article offers information about the top trends to look out for in 2010 related to telematics, which include increase in telematics solutions and vehicle tracking access via mobile platforms, demand of location based services (LBS) and increasing affordability of telematics technology.
- DeCarta Search Engine Expands to 120 Countries. // GPS World;Jun2014, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p16
The article reports that location-based services (LBS) platform company deCarta Inc. has expanded the coverage of its local search technology called the L2 Geospatial Search Engine to 200 countries.
- The 2009-2014 World Outlook for Mobile Location-Based Services (LBS) and Software. Parker, Philip M. // World Outlook Reports;1/ 1/2010, pN.PAG
Several charts are presented which offer information on the 2010 to 2015 market potential for mobile location-based services (LBS) and software in Asia, Europe and Middle East.
- Location-Based Services in 2011. // GPS World;Jan2011, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p4
The article offers information on location-based services in 2011.
- Navteq LocationPoint Ad Network Expands with New Publishers Worldwide. // GPS World;Mar2011, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p18
The article announces the expansion of global map provider Navteq Corp.'s LocationPoint Advertising Network, a location based mobile advertising network that delivers advertisements to smartphone shoppers, through partnering with Research in Motion Ltd. (RIM) and Samsung.
- Facebook Places UK launch brings benefits for both brands and users. McEleny, Charlotte // New Media Age;9/23/2010, p08
This article deals with the launch of Facebook Places in Great Britain enabling both users and brands to include location functionality into their use of the social network.