SPAC Tows Away OnStar Rival
- A New Take On SPACs. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/23/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 25, p17
The article reports that public acquisition company Polaris Acquisition Corp. accorded to acquire automotive device supplier Hughes Telematics Inc. Polaris has agreed to acquire Hughes, a portfolio company of equity firm Apollo Global Management, for $700 million in a stock-swap transaction. It...
- Merger gives Hughes Telematics a cash boost. Allen, Leslie J. // Automotive News;6/23/2008, Vol. 82 Issue 6313, p26
The article reports that Hughes Telematics Inc. says that it will merge with Polaris Acquisition Corp. in a deal that will give Hughes $140 million in capital. According to Jeff Leddy, chief executive officer (CEO) of Hughes, the merger will give Hughes a stronger balance sheet. He added that...
- News Headlines. // MarketWatch: Technology;Aug2008, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p22
The article offers news briefs related to high technology industries. Information technology (IT) provider Wipro Corp. is planning to enter the semiconductor market with products for televisions and set-top boxes. Polaris Ltd. plans to acquire Hughes Telematics Inc. for approximately $700...
- Verizon's Hughes Acquisition Could Advance Remote Health Monitoring. Horowitz, Brian T. // eWeek;6/ 4/2012, p4
The article reports on the acquisition of U.S.-based telecommunications company Verizon Communications Inc. with connected-service company Hughes Telematics Inc.
- Verizon to acquire Hughes Telematics. // Fleet Owner Blog;6/5/2012, p1
The article reports that Hughes Telematics will be acquired by Verizon Communications for 612 million U.S. dollars, which is still subject to an antitrust waiting period and other closing conditions. Verizon Enterprise Solutions President John Stratton said that they are expecting great demand...
- Private equity giant buys Idol9 co-owner. Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;5/11/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 27, p4
The article reports that CKX Inc., co-owner of the television program "American Idol," has found Apollo Global Management LLC to be its buyer through a deal amounting to 509 million dollars.
- Pactiv enters acquisition radar. // Flexible Packaging;Jun2010, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p18
The article reports on the acquisition talks between Lake Forest, Illinois-based Pactiv Corp. and private equity firm Apollo Global Management LLC.
- Apollo reportedly considering D&B bid. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/24/2014, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p7
The article presents a report by "Bloomberg" news agency as of March 2014, claiming that investment firm Apollo Global Management LLC is evaluating a possible acquisition of Dave & Busters Inc.
- Apollo Management to Acquire Taminco from CVC. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;1/2/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 1, p11
The article reports on the decision of private equity company Apollo Global Management to acquire Ghent, Belgium-based alkylamines and derivatives producer Taminco from CVC Capital Partners in December 2011.