- Untitled. // Heart & Soul;Nov/Dec98, Issue 30, p25
Announces that fitness walking continues to be the number one sport-and-fitness activity in the United States, according to a survey by the National Sporting Goods Association. Rank of basketball as a team sport.
- Take charge of your life. // Health (Time Inc. Health);Jan/Feb99, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p81A
Recommends a walking regimen and strength training program. How to make one's self stick to the program.
- 'WALK' 60' a watchword for better health. Ho, Allen C. // Ophthalmology Times;11/1/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p4
Discusses the importance of exercise for healthy lifestyle. Views of Louis W. Sullivan, former secretary of the U.S. Health and Human Services on the need to motivate another individual or a family member to adopt a exercise schedule as a part of their daily activity; Need to empower patients...
- Get Away, Stay Fit. Galloway, Jeff // Runner's World;Jul2010, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p32
The article presents the ways on how to maintain fitness while on vactation including walking 30 to 60 minutes a day, aqua jogging for 30 minutes, and starting with several one-to-two-minute segments of running on the beach.
- The 6-Minute Walk Test: A Brief Review of Literature. Sadaria, Ketan S.; Bahannon, Richard W. // Clinical Exercise Physiology;Aug2001, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p127
Examines the use of the 6-Minute Walk Test (6-MWT) to measure the aerobic functions and endurance of patients with heart and lung disease in Connecticut. Availability of reference values for 6-MWT; Advantages of submaximal timed functional tests; Evaluation of disability in patients with...
- CindySays â€¦. // State Journal (WV);3/4/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p30
The author offers insights on benefits walking as a form of exercise to burn extra calories and the risks of weights to the body structures as a way of fitness activities during summer season in West Virginia.
- The Rhythm Is Gonna Get Ya. Spilner, Maggie; McGinnis, Marianne // Prevention;Sep2002, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p83
Suggests that walking for fitness to music may help boost performance. Idea that music can help ease pain and calm emotions; Use of energizing music while walking to lose weight.
- Walking: Why I'm a Believer. Moss, Marcy O'Koon // Arthritis Today;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p4
Presents an article about exercise walking. Health benefits of walking; Reasons people perform the activity; Memory of being a walker.
- Let's Go Walking! Longino, Miriam Pace; Poirot, Lissa; Siegfried, Donna // Arthritis Today;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p67
Presents a guide to starting a fitness walking program. Health benefits of regular walking; Elements that make up any exercise program; Features to look for in a pair of running shoes; Equipment for walkers.