STEPPING UP: FOOTWEAR DEPARTMENT SALES
- [In]sole Power. Dzierzak, Lou // SGB;Feb2009, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p44
The article focuses on the challenges faced by sportswear industry in making insoles as one of the priorities of consumers in the U.S. Kurt Wineman of Implus Footcare states the challenges they faced in convincing customers to purchase the products because most customers went to a store are...
- Retail choice: Birkenstock. Tullo, Paul // Marketing (00253650);7/28/2004, p16
There was a time when sandals were very untrendy, conjuring up images of middle-aged men wearing them with socks. Yet the company Birkenstock has created a comeback for this style of footwear. Its range is ever-expanding, with 100 different styles, colours and textures, and the model Heidi Klum...
- COOL AND COZY. Hirshlag, Jennifer // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;Feb2006 WWD Accessories Supplement, Vol. 191, p10
The article reports on the relaunch of MukLuks slipper socks by their inventor Reliable Milwaukee for the fall season of 2006. John Johnson, president of Reliable, discussed the reason why such socks fell out of favor after their introduction in 1973. The socks are being targeted to department...
- MEAT FEET. // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Nov2009, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p24
A photograph of the meat sock product available at Third Drawer Down in Melbourne, Victoria is presented.
- BONJOUR OPENS AT KAMLA NAGAR, NEW DELHI. // Shopping Centre News;Oct/Nov2014, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p22
The article offers information on the opening of brand new store with a range of stylish socks by the socks brand Bonjour at Kamla Nagar, New Delhi in India.
- THE ATHLETIC. // Mountain Bike Action;Jan2016, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p113
The article offers brief information on athletic socks from The Athletic.
- Window Seat. // Travel Daily;12/11/2012, p3
The article reports that the problem of missing socks has been solved by an outlet at Downtown Disney in Orlando, Florida.
- SKU Rationalization's Impact. // MMR;2/22/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p21
The article discusses the impact of the SKU optimization program created by several major retail chains which aims to simplify product classifications and simplify it for consumers.
- FOOTWEAR TAKES CENTER STAGE AT MAJOR RETAILERS. Zmuda, Natalie // FN: Footwear News;12/17/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 49, pC
The article focuses on the growing importance of the footwear category in department stores and specialty retailers in the U.S. in 2007. Major players, including Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's and Lord & Taylor, have taken steps to upgrade their footwear presence. Retailers are...