WOLVERINE WORLD WIDE ACQUIRES CHACO
- Wolverine Snaps Up Chaco. Abel, Katie; Beaudry, Jennifer Ernst; Sammon, Lindsay E. // FN: Footwear News;1/26/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p4
The article announces the acquisition of Chaco Footwear by Rockford, Michigan-based Wolverine World Wide Inc. According to Scott Sible, president of Wolverine's Outdoor Group, the acquisition of Chaco is a perfect time for the company. Mark Paigen, founder of Chaco, will stay on board as a...
- Scott Sible to Depart From Merrell Brand. NIEMI, WAYNE // FN: Footwear News;9/21/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 36, p2
The article reports that Scott Sible, president of Wolverine World Wide Inc.'s brand Merrell, is set to retire by end of the year.
- Wolverine World Wide, Inc. Announces Acquisition of the Chaco Footwear Brand. // NSGA Athletic Footwear News;2/3/2009, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p4
This article reports on the move of Wolverine World Wide Inc. to acquire Chaco, a performance outdoor footwear brand based in Colorado. The deal includes ULU, a premium brand of distinctive and fashionable performance winter boots. The companies did not disclosed the details of the deal. The...
- Today's Transactions Wolverine, Golden Gate and Blum Capital Complete $2B Collective Brands Deal. COLLINS, ALLISON // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p6
The article reports on the acquisition of Collective Brands Inc. by Wolverine Worldwide, Golden Gate Capital and Blum Capital Partners.
- Wolverine's Merrell Brand Grows Strong In Europe. Daly, Pete // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/25/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 26, pB2
The article reports on the strong growth of the Merrell brand of Wolverine World Wide Inc. in Europe. It presents the career background of Merrell president Scott B. Sible in the company. Sible said that he intends to continue the growth path of the Merrell brand and help the company realize its...
- Wolverine Concentrates On Gaining Market Share. Emrich, Anne Bond // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/13/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p17
Reports the growth plan of footwear company Wolverine World Wide Inc. Vision for the company; Predicted growth of its U.S. businesses; Advantage of its acquisition of the Merell and Caterpillar businesses in Europe.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/10/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p3
Presents business news briefs in Michigan as of November 10, 2003. Honor given to the National City Corp.; Completion of the acquisition of Sebago Inc. by Wolverine World Wide Inc.
- Mergers Market Could See Some Rebound In '09. Young, Vicki M. // FN: Footwear News;1/26/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p1
The article reports on the mergers-and-acquisitions of various firms in the footwear industry in the U.S. in 2009. According to John Christiansen, a banker and head of consumer equity capital markets at Cowen & Co., there will be no mergers-and-acquisitions activities for the first half of the...
- Wolverine World Wide Plans To Acquire Sebago. Emrich, Anne Bond // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/2/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p18
Unveils the plan of Wolverine World Wide to acquire nautical footwear maker Sebago Inc. Purpose of the acquisition; Background of Sebago; Significance of the acquisition to both companies.