PopCap Grabs Gastronaut Studios
- POPCAP. BULIK, BETH SNYDER // Advertising Age;11/15/2010, Vol. 81 Issue 41, p24
The article discusses marketing of video games by the video games industry company PopCap, focusing on the company's creation of application software for iPhone smartphones offering a version of its game Plants vs. Zombies.
- PEGGLE 2 LAUNCHES FOR XBOX 360. // Multimedia Publisher;Mar2014, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p2
The article reviews the video game Peggle 2 for the Xbox 360 from video game developer PopCap Games.
- TechSpin: A Look From Abroad. Dreyfuss, Joel // Red Herring;6/24/2008, p3
The article discusses various issues of interest to people involved in the global technology industry. The British games industry is urging the Great Britain government to support its efforts to address the flight of jobs and projects to countries with low labor costs. The "Economic Daily/Les...
- Activision Bags FreeStyleGames. Lee, Michael // Red Herring;9/12/2008, p1
The article reports on the decision of Activision to acquire video game developer FreeStyleGames. FreeStyleGames focuses on music-based games and is localizing downloadable content for the Guitar Hero games. The acquisition move comes before the anticipated North American release of the video...
- Vertical Integration, Exclusivity, and Game Sales Performance in the US Video Game Industry. Gil, Ricard; Warzynski, Frederic // Journal of Law, Economics & Organization;Aug2015 Supplement 1, pi143
This article empirically investigates the relation between vertical integration and game performance in the US video game industry. For this purpose, we use a data set on video game monthly sales from 2000 to 2007. We complement these data with information on game developers and the timing of...
- French firm makes play for video game pioneer. Fung, Amanda // Crain's New York Business;3/24/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p30
The article states that the French video game maker, Infogrames Entertainment SA plans to buy the remaining 49 percent stake of Atari Inc. and take it private. Infogrames Entertainment, a company that already owns 51% of Atari, plans to refocus Atari by having it concentrate on niche markets,...
- POPCAP LAUNCHES "MYSTERY P.I - PORTRAIT OF A THIEF.". // Multimedia Publisher;Feb2009, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p7
The article reviews the video game Mystery P.I. - Portrait of a Thief from PopCap Games Inc.
- Bookworm (DS). // Children's Technology Review;Mar2010, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p10
The article reviews the video game Bookworm by PopCap Games Inc.
- Peggle. B. K. // Children's Technology Review;9/1/2009, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p18
The article reviews the video game Peggle developed by PopCap Games Inc.