Motorola Unloads Mobile Email Unit
- Motorola, Nortel win $750M in pacts from Sprint. // Electronic News;10/06/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2188, p10
Reports that Sprint PCS selected Motorola and Nortel to supply equipment and services for wireless communications services in the United States and other markets. Provision of code division multiple access personal communications system equipment and services; Aim to expand the Sprint network...
- River cruise shows Chicago's WiMAX. Kapko, Matt // RCR Wireless News;10/1/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 37, p13
The article talks about a historic trip that started on the Chicago River aboard a WiMAX-ready ship. WiMAX chipsets were sending signals all over a 2.5-mile-long stretch of the Chicago River last week as Motorola Inc. took a 100-plus crew of top WiMAX executives and others on a river cruise to...
- Sprint PCS uses Motorola. // Telephony;12/07/98, Vol. 235 Issue 23, p56
Reports that Sprint PCS is using Motorola products in several of its markets in the United States.
- HEDGEHOGGING. // RCR Wireless News;12/18/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p25
The article presents updates related to wireless communication. Sprint Nextel put out a press release about all the accessories it sells. Verizon Wireless announced that it turned on its EV-DO network in Gallup and Farmington, New Mexico. Motorola announced that its iRadio service won the Best...
- Tough times for Moto, Sprint. JACKSON, DONNY // Urgent Communications;Jan2009, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p8
The article focuses on Motorola and Sprint Nextel whose credit ratings have been downgraded to junk status by separate agencies. It says that this status limited their access to financial markets as new management teams try to reverse the downward fortunes of the struggling companies. According...
- Business/Finance. // CableFAX Daily;3/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p3
Reports on the move made by Motorola to hedge its shares in telecommunication company Sprint Nextel, as of March 2006. Reason behind the move; Statement of Motorola on its relationship with Sprint Nextel.
- Celling out. B.C.W. // Money;Sep2000, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p155
Evaluates cellular telephones and services for college students, including the Sprint PCS Free & Clear plan and the Motorola V2267 cellular telephone. Key features; Pros and cons; Cost.
- The cause phone. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;11/20/2006, Vol. 247 Issue 19, Special section p2
The article reports on the unique marketing method of the new RED RAZR phone from Sprint Nextel Corp. and Motorola Inc. in the U.S. The deal between the two companies and the Global Fund is discussed. The RAZR attached a particular social movement or political consciousness to a device that...
- Sprint, Verizon meet E911 benchmark, Cingular, Nextel spell out problems. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;2/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p11
Reports on the enhanced 911 Phase II service deployed by Sprint PCS and Verizon Wireless. Challenges in deploying the enhanced observed time difference technology; Service agreement of Cingular with the U.S. Federal Communications Commission; Delay in the upgrade of the infrastructure of...