Mobile Phones Ring Up 12 Percent Gains
- Fast Fact. // RCR Wireless News;9/11/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p42
The article presents information on the financial performance of the wireless communication industry in 2006. Mobile phone sales increased 18 percent year-over-year worldwide during the second quarter with 229 million total units shipped in 2006. The second quarter growth was also a 24-percent...
- Mobile Phone Sales Grow 21% in 2005. // Electronic News;3/6/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p25
The article reports on the increase in the worldwide mobile telephone sales in 2005, according to Egham, England-based research firm Gartner. The year also saw the increase in the market share of the leading six vendors at the detriment of smaller vendors. The top six firms include Nokia,...
- Analysts waffle on handset projections. Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;7/17/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p7
The article provides shipment projections for mobile handsets globally in 2006. Analysts have been cautious to emphasize that the two juggernauts in handset sales, Nokia Corp. and Motorola Inc., remain on target and likely will increase their market share and their long-term share of industry...
- Nokia begins to fight back. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;6/21/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the release of several cellular telephones from Nokia to regain its market share as of June 21, 2004. Features of the wireless phones; Problems encountered by the company; Benefits offered by the wireless phones.
- Handset Vendors Vie For Market Share. // Wireless Week;12/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 25, p24
Presents information on the worldwide cellular telephone terminal market share for the third quarter of 2003. Decline in the market share of Nokia; Percentage increase in the sales of cellular phones.
- Mobile Phone Sales Continue Double-Digit Growth. // Business Communications Review;Jan2006, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the growth in worldwide sales of cellular phones. Market researchers have predicted that the final 2005 sales figure would be 810 million units. Nokia Corp. continued to hold the market share lead as of the third quarter of 2005, although Motorola Inc. saw the biggest...
- iSuppli Ups Mobile Phone Shipment Estimate. // Electronic News;11/15/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 46, pN.PAG
Presents a forecast on shipments of mobile telephones in the fourth quarter of 2004 according to iSuppli. Percentage of an increase in the shipments of mobile telephones by supplier Nokia in the third quarter; Market share of rival company Motorola; Factor behind an increase in the share of LG...
- Untitled. Grant, Ian // Computer Weekly;2/2/2010, p57
The article reports on 22% rise in the sales of mobile phones of Nokia Corp. for quarter 4 (Q4) 2009. Nokia chief executive officer (CEO) Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo, says that Nokia has been able to grow its share of the smartphone market to 40% from 35% through new touch-screen and qwerty models in...
- Entry Level Phones Drive 16.3% Growth, IDC Finds. // Electronic News;8/1/2005, Vol. 51 Issue 31, pN.PAG
Focuses on the effects of the shipment of entry level telephones on the mobile telephone market in June 2005 according to IDC. Market share of Nokia; Improvement in the market share of Motorola over Samsung; Implication of the emphasis on entry-level telephones.