No Fuzzy Math: U.K. Subscriber Growth Booming
- Staying the tide. Dingle, Simon // Finweek;5/30/2013, p32
The article reports on the fierce competition in the cellular market in South Africa.
- AHVLA seeks ideas for apps. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;1/19/2013, Vol. 172 Issue 3, p59
The article focuses on Animal Health and Veterinary Laboratories Agency (AHVLA) which is organizing a competition to get ideas regarding its mobile applications developement for livestock industry.
- LG's 'mass premium' phones bring success. Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;4/17/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p4
The article focuses on the distinction of the services offered by LG Electronics Co. Ltd. from its rival handset manufacturers in the U.S. The company has sold nearly 55 million handset units worldwide in 2005 according to market research firm Gartner Inc. It has invested $100 million in...
- Handset wars. Ford, Tracy // RCR;12/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p12
Opinion. Looks into the growing competition within the wireless handset market. Market share one-upmanship among Qualcomm, Dataquest, Nokia, Ericsson, Motorola, and Bosch; Effect of lower product margins on the level of competition.
- Churn is epidemic. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;12/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p14
Examines the rise in the mobile phone industry's churn rate in 1998 due to increased competition. Monthly churn among all wireless phone users; Churn rates for personal communications system providers; Average acquisition cost per subscriber; Ways by which carriers different themselves from...
- Japanese operators look off-shore for cheaper handsets. Galbraith, Mike // Wireless Asia;Mar2006, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p8
The article reports on the increase competition among handset makers in Japan. NTT DoCoMo has influenced the development of Japan of a business model that focus on expensive high-end models that bring high margins to handset makers. One key factors to win over new consumers is through the...
- Top 10 tips for a winning Farmers Apprentice video. Jones, Rachel // Farmers Weekly;8/24/2012, Vol. 158 Issue 34, p74
The article offers information on the 2012 Farmers Apprentice video competition in Great Britain. The contest offers 10,000 British pounds in prize and open to individuals between 18 and 25 years old who want a place in a farming bootcamp in October 2012. Some tips to making a winning video...
- Cell Phone Wars. // New Mexico Business Journal;Jun2004, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p8
Focuses on the competition within the wireless telecommunication industry of New Mexico in 2004. Technical enhancements in wireless phones; Phases of the Enhanced 911 program of the Federal Communications Commission; Services offered by wireless carriers.
- The early bird may draw a flock: Handset vendors juggle variables for product news. Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;10/23/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p15
The article reports on factors considered by mobile handset vendors in their product announcements. The variables that might affect the timing of a vendor are many and even a well-considered internal strategy must be fine-tuned to a procession of external events that include, among other things,...