Wireless In The Headlines: Business, As Usual
- Vendors struggle with 'eat or be eaten' strategy. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;1/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the dilemma faced by large wireless companies in the United States with regard to acquisition of small wireless companies. List of small and large wireless companies; Concerns of industry analysts on consolidation deals; Factors to consider in consolidation plans.
- Business Briefs. // Wireless Week;10/04/99, Vol. 5 Issue 40, p34
Presents an update on the wireless telecommunication industry as of October 4, 1999. Stock market; Mergers and acquisitions; Contracts.
- Other Carriers Consolidating. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;04/17/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p21
Reports the consolidation of several wireless carriers in the United States. Acquisition of Aerial by VoiceStream; Consolidation agreement between BellSouth and SBC; Factors contributing to the consolidation of carriers.
- The action never stops. TILLES, ALAN // Urgent Communications;May2009, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p48
The author discusses the efforts of the telecommunications industry to cope with the economic downturn. He mentions that Canadian border licensees are submitting their cost estimates for rebanding and the new cost metric information of the Transition Administrator (TA). He believes that there is...
- American Tower, SpectraSite form tower powerhouse. Beckman, Kristen // RCR Wireless News;5/9/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p1
Deals with the consolidation plan of wireless companies, American Tower Corp. and SpectraSite Inc. Value of the consolidation deal; Priorities included in the merger business plan; Key benefit of the plan to the U.S. wireless industry.
- Acquisition puts Sonus on edge. McElligott, Tim // Telephony;4/9/2007, Vol. 248 Issue 6, p8
The article reports on the acquisition of Internet Protocol (IP)-based Global System for Mobile communications (GSM) solutions provider Zynetix Ltd. by Sonus Networks Inc. in the U.S. The acquisition was part of Sonus' strategic plan to expand its wireless solutions and extend its focus from the...
- Strikers may lose benefits. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;1/31/2008, Vol. 298 Issue 19, p1
The article reports on the issue concerning the Writers Guild of America (WGA) leaders' assurance to members before the WGA went on strike that they would retain eligibility within the guild-industry health plan for the duration of the work stoppage in the U.S. It has been reported that about...
- Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail. Rovani, John // Hospitality Upgrade;Spring2005, p158
Reports on the importance of preparation for merger and acquisition activity in the wireless communication industry in the U.S. Basic questions to ask regarding the business activity; Factors that help prepare the business for sale; Impact of planning on the preparation of business for sale.
- M&A DOWNSIDE. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;1/26/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the impact of consolidation on the telecommunication industry in the U.S. Lack of innovation of companies in the process of acquisition; Transaction fees; Assessment of the wireless market in the U.S.