Separate Ways Lead To New MMDS Rollout
- MMDS Strategy Spiked. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;07/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 27, p1
Discusses how the planned multichannel multipoint distribution services of (MMDS) the Sprint-WorldCom Inc. merger has been affected by the failure of the deal. Background of the failed merger; Reaction of the companies regarding the status of the service; Views of observers and analysts.
- WorldCom Full Speed Ahead On MMDS. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;03/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p62
Focuses on the condition of WorldCom company's investments in multichannel multipoint distribution services (MMDS) technology in the United States. Information on the MMDS project of the company in Memphis, Tennessee; Comparison of the MMDS of WorldCom and Sprint Corp.; Forecast on MMDS market.
- Sprint Corp. Trials Put MMDS Back On Track. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;5/13/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 19, p34
Reports on the resumption of the deployment of multichannel multipoint distribution services (MMDS) by Sprint Corp. Impact of the stoppage of the deployment of MMDS on equipment vendors; Challenges posed by the commercialization of MMDS equipment for the telecommunications industry; Support for...
- WorldCom, Sprint on MMDS hold in search of infrastructure. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;4/22/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p23
Reports on the suspension of further deployment of multichannel multipoint distribution service (MMDS) in the U.S. by WorldCom Inc. and Sprint Corp. Reason for the delay; Status of both companies in the market for wireless broadband; Alternative uses for the spectrum if MMDS license holders...
- MCI WorldCom's Wireless Fix May Be Key. McGinity, Meg // Inter@ctive Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p30
Highlights the fixed wireless Multichannel Multipoint Distribution Service (MMDS) technology from MCI WorldCom Inc. and Sprint Corporation. Amount collectively spent by the firms in obtaining licenses for the technology; Places in the United States where technology trial is planned; Challenges...
- Sprint, WorldCom Split: Unfixed Wireless. Gohring, Nancy // Inter@ctive Week;08/21/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 33, p18
Focuses on the Multichannel Multipoint Distribution Service operations of Sprint and WorldCom. Reason for the separation of the operations; Effect of the failed merger deal between the two companies; Focus of each company's service.
- A Merger Misfires. Lee, Rikki // Wireless Week;07/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 27, p4
Comments on the failed merger between WorldCom Inc. and Sprint Corp. Speculation on the outcome of the failed agreement; Information on the two major industry associations that will hold their fall 2000 trade shows; Recommendation for telecommunication vendors.
- MCI/WorldCom want to compete with Sprint. Cruz, Sherri // Las Vegas Business Press;08/10/98, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p1
Focuses the merger of MCI Telecommunications and WorldCom to boost their competitiveness against Sprint Corp. Deal indicative of the merger trend among the city's telecommunication companies; Comments from company officials.
- Sprint, WorldCom nix deal. Weber, Toby // Telephony;07/17/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 3, p12
Reports that telecommunication companies WorldCom Inc. and Sprint Corp. have decided to cancel their proposed merger. Reasons behind the decision; Cost of the proposed merger; Why the European Commission and the United States Department of Justice have rejected the proposed merger; Implications...