Pursuing Profit Bounty
- Lining Up For Broadband. Galatowitsch, Sheila // Wireless Week;06/05/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p1A
Discusses broadband communication systems through fixed wireless networks. Revenue from fixed wireless technology; Telecommunication companies offering broadband and wireless communication systems or integrated communication providers. INSET: Competing Against Cable.
- Ensuring A Fixed Future. Greenbaum, Michael // Wireless Week;1/14/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p3
Discusses whether there are future directions for fixed wireless broadband in the U.S. Ways to approach the issue; Importance of marketing and implementation; Issues that will influence the success of fixed wireless broadband in other countries.
- Broadband wireless solutions for global business. Arora, Suresh; Nagpaul, Alika // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p83
Explains the impact of changes in spectrum availability and the development of faster microprocessors on broadband wireless communication technology. Long-distance infrastructures based on fiber optic systems'; Technology issues attributed to the realization of broadband technologies.
- NORTEL AND XILINX JOIN HIPERLAN2 GLOBAL FORUM. // LAN Product News;Nov2000, p1
Reports the participation of Nortel and Xilinx Inc. in the HiperLAN2 Global Forum for the promotion of broadband wireless technology HiperLAN2 in Texas. Increase of high bandwidth communication connections demand; Advantages of using HiperLAN2 wireless networking; Importance of high bandwidth...
- Reports: Broadband Use Expanding Fast. // PC FAB;Sep2001, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on the expanding use of broadband in wireless telecommunications system based on studies conducted. Factor behind the growth of broadband use; Mediums of broadband use with the highest subscription rate; Information on worldwide broadband service revenues.
- Puerto Rico dreaming. // Communications News;Jan2001, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p56
Focuses on PRStar.Net, a wireless broadband network which links government agencies in Puerto Rico. Goal of the network; Impact of the network on productivity level; Educational benefits of the network.
- LMDS showcases broadband without wires, or profits. Clark, Robert // Wireless Asia;Oct2001, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p34
Reports on the third generation wireless communication system auction in Singapore. Failure of wireless broadband in the markets; Business model available to the Singapore market.
- DMC Altium passes ETSI tests. // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p46
Reports that Digital Microwave Corp.'s Altium broadband fixed wireless access products have passed the European Telecommunications Standards Institute qualification tests.
- Sprint launches 2nd wireless broadband market. // RCR;07/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p19
Focuses on Sprint Corp.'s introduction of its second broadband wireless market in Tucson, Arizona.
- Broadband wireless to reach $17B. // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p7
Cites forecasts for broadband wireless as contained in the report `Wireless Access 2000,' from IGI Consulting.