Holiday Shopping Goes Wireless
- NetPace prepares to boldly enter m-commerce space. Bruno, Antony // RCR;08/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p9
Reports on Union City, California-based NetPace's continued development of a suite of wireless m-commerce applications.
- Netpace to offer premium texting for big-ticket buys. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;5/17/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p12
Reports on the plan of Netpace Inc. to offer mobile commerce applications using premium text messaging in the U.S. Overview of wireless messaging applications in the U.S.; Factor which has led to interest in text-messaging applications in the U.S.; Messaging companies that are looking to offer...
- GET THE MESSAGE? A.C.K. // Entrepreneur;Oct2004, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p50
Reports that short message service (SMS) is gaining popularity in the United States. Verizon Wireless and Netpace planning to turn SMS into a mobile commerce tool; Netpace's technology to allow customers to bill Internet transactions made on their cell phones to their Verizon accounts.
- UWC. M.P.D. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jun2000, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p17
Highlights the fourth annual Global Summit of the Universal Wireless Communications Consortium held from April 26-28, 2000. Attendees' preoccupation with defining business strategies for third generation (3G) services; Number of time division multiple access subscribers worldwide as of the end...
- So many decisions. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;05/07/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 19, p18
Reports on the 2001 Universal Wireless Communications Consortium Global Summit. Theme of the event; Highlights of the summit; Its participants.
- WAP Forum predicts products for spring. Bruno, Antony // RCR;02/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p64
Details the Wireless Application Forum (WAP) meeting held in February 1999 in Dallas, Texas, focused on determining the vision of wireless communication systems industry in the United States for 2000 and the 21st century. Announcement of expanded membership; Introduction of formal...
- Learning Worldly Prepaid Lessons. Meyer, Thomas // Wireless Week;08/30/99, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p33
Discusses the status of prepaid services in the wireless communication industry of the United States (US). Primary areas that have affected the initial domestic acceptance of prepaid services; Problems that prevent the widespread domestic adoption of prepaid service; How US companies can...
- SDR Opens Up New Vistas. Blust, Stephen // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p49
Stresses the potential of software-defined radio (SDR) technology in the wireless industry. How the technology works; Benefits of SDR-based handsets; Limitations of traditional radio technology.
- Opinion: Wireless Ads Excel In Style. Lee, Rikki // Wireless Week;03/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p48
Focuses on the challenges faced by wireless companies in attracting the attention of its customers through advertising. Features of advertising campaigns that should be considered by wireless companies; Method that help companies attract customers.