Of Mutual Funds, Sector Investing And Volatility
- Dialing for dollars. Badenhausen, Kurt // Financial World;4/22/96, Vol. 165 Issue 7, p46
Presents information on investing on the telecommunications industry through mutual funds. Performance of specialty communications funds; Funds that are heavily invested in technology stocks; Implications for investors on the heavy investment in communications funds in emerging markets.
- Set for action, awaiting reaction. Sheth, Dipen; Beri, Rohit // Money Today;1/22/2009, p7
The article discusses the benefits of investing in Infosys Technologies for the Safe Wealth fund. Investing in Infosys is said to be an obvious choice for the fund based on the quality of management and governance. The company is expected to add 1,500 crore of rupees to its existing cash pile of...
- Riding out the wireless slump. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;7/9/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on how the Wireless World Fund responded to the industrial downturn experienced by the telecommunication sector around the world in the 21st century. Comparison between the value of stocks in 2000 and 2001; Factors which influence the investing process of the telecommunication industry;...
- EFG-Hermes raises $42 million for regional telecoms fund. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/19/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 20, p18
Focuses on the fund launched by Cairo, Egypt-based EFG-Hermes Asset Management, targeting telecommunications and related sectors in the Middle East and Africa markets. Profile of fund subscribers; Interest from regional investors; Investment of the fund in Africa.
- Telecom funds. // Medical Economics;9/2/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 17, p54
Discusses the telecommunication mutual funds T. Rowe Price Media & Telecommunication Funds and ICON Telecommunication & Utilities Fund in the United States. Minimum initial investment; Total return; Views of portfolio managers about the funds.
- Performance Wrap. // Morningstar Fund Family Reports: Fidelity;Feb2006, Issue 33, p7
Focuses on the financial performance of fidelity mutual funds in the U.S. as of January 31, 2006. Viability of technology and telecommunications funds; Reason for an increased activity in investments in emerging-markets bonds; Interest-rate hike of bond funds.
- Global, but specific. Murrill, Maureen // BRW;11/19/99, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p27
Focuses on Colonial First State's establishment of the first unlisted global technology and communications fund in Australia. Chief investment officer Chris Cuffe's recognition of the importance of world communication companies; Fund fees.
- Utility funds wire into phone firms. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;8/10/98, Vol. 90 Issue 179, pB6
Focuses on the investments prospects of utility funds in 1998. Why telecommunications stocks are considered utilities; The performance of telecommunications funds in 1998; Comments from Amy Granzin, who tracks utility funds for Morningstar, about the change in what a utility fund is; Examples...
- Who's Winning the 2004 Sector Derby? Pizzani, Lori // Money Management Executive;12/13/2004, Vol. 12 Issue 49, p1
The reports that although there are still two weeks left to the year, the 2004 sector derby is in full swing. Leading the charge is real estate. The average real estate fund is up a healthy 28.1% year-to-date through December 3, according to "Morningstar" of Chicago, although several real estate...