A Green Light, And A Yellow
- VoiceStream, Powertel Merger Final. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;06/04/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p3
Reports on the merger of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Powertel Inc. with Deutsche Telekom AG. Companies that reported gains as the result of the merger; Reason for the opposition to the merger in the United States.
- GSM puzzle almost complete. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;09/04/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 10, p8
Discusses the plan of Deutsche Telecom/VoiceStream Wireless to acquire Powertel. Purpose of the move; Implication of the acquisition; Reactions from analysts about the move.
- VoiceStream, Powertel Await FCC Decision. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;03/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p5
Reports on the pending approval of the merger of VoiceStream Wireless company and PowerTel Inc. with Deutsche Telekom by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Speculations on the decision of FCC; Details of the deal; Background of the merging companies.
- FCC Approves DT Merger. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;04/30/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p1
States that the United States Federal Communications Commission approved the merger of the Deutsche Telekom company with the VoiceStream Wireless company and Powertel Inc. Issues raised about the merger; Significance of the merger to the telecommunication industry.
- DT buy of VoiceStream, Powertel officially done. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;6/4/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p53
Reports on the closing of the acquisition of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. and Powertel Inc. by Deutsche Telekom as of June 4, 2001. Shares of stocks received by VoiceStream shareholders; Terms of the deal.
- 'Tear Down This Wall' Lee, Rikki // Wireless Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p4
Comments on the regulatory issues governing the merger plans between United States telecommunication company, VoiceStream Wireless Inc. and foreign company, Deutsche Telekom AG. Provisions of the proposed legislation at the Congress about foreign investments on the telecommunication industry;...
- Telekom's Bid For VoiceStream: The Right Market At Right Time? Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p54
Focuses on the merger deal inked by Ron Sommer, chief executive officer of Deutsche Telekom AG with VoiceStream Wireless Inc. in the United States. Concerns over the deal; Significance of the deal; Business expansion moves of Deutsche Telekom on the eastern front.
- VoiceStream Reports Final Financials. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;05/14/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p17
Reports on the merger of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. with Deutsche Telecom company of Germany in May 2001. Terms of the merger deal; Significance of the merger to VoiceStream. INSET: BigTalk From CTIA WirelessAgenda.
- Labor, business approve of DT wireless purchase. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;10/9/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the support given by labor and the business sector to the plans of Deutsche Telekom AG to purchase VoiceStream Wireless Corp.