Can Incentives Stop Churn?
- Alltel completes deals. // RCR Wireless News;8/5/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p25
Discusses the completion of the purchase of local telephone properties in Kentucky by Alltel Corp. from Verizon Communications Inc. Value of its purchase of CenturyTel Inc.'s wireless assets; Information on the wireless properties; Other items included in the deal.
- Verizon reports higher adds, buys Pa. licenses. // RCR Wireless News;1/13/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p9
Presents an update on telecommunication company Verizon Communications Inc. in the U.S. as of January 13, 2003. Addition of customers of Verizon; Acquisition of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based Alltel Corp.
- Watchdog: Verizon, Alltel tops. // Network World;12/4/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p6
The article reports that Verizon Communications Inc. gets the highest rating in customer satisfaction in most cities surveyed in the U.S. According to the latest survey of the magazine "Consumer Reports," Verizon is considered the biggest wireless service provider in the country. On the...
- Stumbling out of the blocks. // America's Network;09/01/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 13, p12
Criticizes the customer service of Verizon. Function of the telecommunication network.
- Keeping N.J. residents connected in Sandy aftermath. Gerace, Jim // njbiz;1/14/2013, p11
The author reflects on how telecommunications company Verizon Communications Inc. kept the residents of New Jersey connected following Hurricane Sandy.
- Single Touch, carriers team on #TAXI. // RCR Wireless News;9/15/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p6
The article presents information on the services provided by AT&T Mobility LLC, Verizon and Alltel Communications LLC which allow their customers to punch in the code #TAXI and connect to the first available taxi cab company serving their location. Canada-based CellWand Communications Inc....
- BUSINESS. // Total Telecom Magazine;Feb2009, p4
This section offers news briefs related to the telecommunication industry. Nortel Networks has filed for bankruptcy protection in the U.S. and Canada, attributing the move directly to the global financial crisis. Verizon Wireless has completed its $28.1 billion acquisition of regional wireless...
- FCC Approves Verizon Wireless-Alltel. Medford, Cassimir // Red Herring;11/5/2008, p3
The article reports on the approval of Verizon Wireless' $28 billion purchase of rival carrier Alltel by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Alltel gives Verizon Wireless, which gained large swaths of valuable 700 MHz spectrum at a recent auction, added flexibility as the wireless...
- Unintended consequences. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;2/2/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p10
The article comments on the consequences of merger in the telecommunication industry in the U.S. The author observes that the messy truth of any merger is that there are casualties. She thinks there probably are going to be people whose jobs are lost as a result of Verizon's purchase of Alltel...