D.C. Frees Up New Spectrum
- Message to the Congress Transmitting a Report on Telecommunications Payments to Cuba. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;4/3/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 13, p639
Presents the text of a message given by United States President Bill Clinton to Congress on March 27, 2000 transmitting a report on telecommunications payments to Cuba.
- Cyber defense planned. // RCR;02/14/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p49
Reports the plan of President Bill Clinton to meet with Internet executives and discuss cyber attack issues in the United States.
- How to Get Better Local Telephone Service. Glassman, James K. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Aug2001, Vol. 84 Issue 8, p11
Analyzes the revision of the laws governing telecommunication services in the U.S. signed by former U.S. President Bill Clinton on February 8, 1996. Change in the Telecommunications Act of 1996; Focus of the Act.
- Close Enough for Government Work. Mavrogeanes, Rich // Streaming Media;Dec2009/Jan2010, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p34
The article focuses on the visible aspect of streaming in all layers of the U.S. government. These include the installation of an enterprise streaming media system in the White House during the administration of former U.S. President Bill Clinton and the overhead cameras installed in some...
- Bastille Day 2000? French Are Riled. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;06/05/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p18
Focuses on the opposition of French telecommunication companies over plans of France's telecommunication regulator l'Autorite de Regulation des Telecommunications to auction third-generation frequency spectrum. Economic aspects of the auction; Participation of telecommunication companies in the...
- OVERSHADOWED. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;12/11/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 50, p20
Focuses on the approach used by large telecommunication companies in skirting the intent of rules designed to set aside spectrum for smaller companies. Leading companies backing small players that qualify for the auction of spectrum; Implication of the approach; Challenges faced by small companies.
- New Zealand to auction spectrum. // RCR;02/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p21
Announces that the New Zealand government will begin auctioning spectrum within the 2 gigahertz frequency bands in March 29, 1999.
- Speed Up Spectrum Decision, Senators Urge. // Wireless Week;7/9/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 28, p6
Reports that United States (U.S.) Democratic senators are urging President George W. Bush to speed up the identification of frequency spectrum for third-generation (3G) telecommunication services. Economic impact of 3G services on the U.S.; Reaction of the U.S. Department of Defense to the...
- Will Clinton's wish be granted? Jackson, Donny // Telephony;10/23/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 17, p9
Unveils the views of some wireless industry observers on the third generation spectrum-seeking process outlined in the executive order of United States President Bill Clinton. Comments from Rudy Baca, global strategist for The Precursor Group; Opinion of Mitchell Brecher, a former lawyer of the...