WHAT YOU SAY
- Closing bell, time to vote. Swanson, Ian // Hill;2/11/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p1
The article focuses on events affecting the U.S. economy as of Wednesday, February 11, 2009 including a speech given by U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, language in the economic stimulus bill which might limit executive pay, and restrictions on the $15,000 tax credit included as part of...
- Foundation for jobs, and for America. Oberstar, James L. // Hill;3/12/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p19
The article focuses on the release of data on state investments under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act in March 2010 in the U.S.
- The Time for Wishing Is Over And Performance Starts. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;2/23/2009, Vol. 262 Issue 6, p72
The author addresses the impact of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act on the construction industry. The law contains $130 billion of funding for construction of all types, which represents a serious increase over normal appropriations. The author claims that the main challenge is to...
- Lawmakers may extend the stimulus. Alarkon, Walter; McCaffrey, Kiera // Hill;7/31/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 93, p1
The article reports on the anticipated addition of 88 billion U.S. dollars to the 787 billion U.S. dollars worth of economic stimulus package due to prolonging measures in 2009 in the U.S.
- We Must Pass This Spending Plan. Obama, Barack // Vital Speeches of the Day;Mar2009, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p98
The article presents a speech by U.S. President Barack Obama, delivered at a retreat in Williamsburg, Virginia on February 5, 2009, in which he discussed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
- A heavenly suggestion for recovery. Marcus, Morton // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/1/2010, Vol. 30 Issue 49, p11A
In this article the author discusses the economy in the U.S. and the concept of the federal stimulus programs based on borrowing and not on taxation.
- Obama's stimulus plan necessary and a good start. Green, Marian // Casino Journal;Feb2009, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p4
The author comments on the impact of the recession in the gambling industry and the economic stimulus plan of President Barack Obama. According to the author, casino companies have taken actions to attract players such as reducing room and amenity prices. He also mentioned that unemployment in...
- A Positive Plan for Stimulus. Site, John J. // Chinese American Forum;Apr2009, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p6
The author offers his perspective on the economic stimulus plan for the U.S. economy. According to the author, the economic recovery plan of the government focused only on failed companies while economic problems kept rising. He suggested that positive stimulus plan and incentivize success plan...
- READER POLL. // American Vegetable Grower;Apr2009, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p6
This article presents the results of a reader poll conducted by the "American Vegetable Grower" magazine concerning U.S. President Barack Obama's $787 billion stimulus package. The poll reveals that 86% of the respondents are not in favor of the package. The package was signed into law in...