- Long- vs. short-term performance perspectives of Western European, Japanese, and U.S. countries: where do they lie? Peterson, Robert M.; Dibrell, C. Clay; Pett, Timothy L. // Journal of World Business;Winter2002, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p245
Focuses on a study that examined the differences between eastern and western companies regarding long- and short-term orientations. Culture and business; Details of the study; Information on the upper-echelon theory; Discussion and conclusion.
- Composite effects of extrinsic motivation on work effort: case of Korean employees. Chang, Eunmi // Journal of World Business;Spring2003, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p70
The current research examines the composite effect of extrinsic motivation on work effort. The research consists of a two-level analysis: extrinsic motivation practices and extrinsic motivation perception. Emphasis on individual performance as a compensation determinant and company layoff...
- Work flexibility engenders loyalty. // Business Insurance;05/03/99, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p20
Reports that a companies' willingness to help employees balance work/family demand affects employee loyalty.
- California court upholds at-will firing. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;10/16/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 42, p1
Focuses on the court decisions in California in favor lawsuit immunity of businesses in the state for firing of employees. Significance of the decisions; Background of cases heard in state courts.
- Scrapbook. // Business News New Jersey;1/10/96, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p42
Presents caption stories of various business persons who either received awards or attended functions.
- Largest divisions of non-local companies. Hillyer, Deborah W. // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/6/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p20
Presents a chart depicting the largest divisions of non-local companies in Ohio. Rank of companies based on the number of employees; Headquarters of parent companies; Type of business; Names of top local executives.
- Largest Summit County employers. // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/8/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p20
Lists the largest Summit County employers in Ohio as of April 2002. Name of business organizations; Statistics of full-time employees; Nature of business.
- Largest manufacturing companies. // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/30/2002 Book of Lists, Vol. 23 Issue 52, p70
Lists several manufacturing companies that are ranked according to full-time equivalent employees. Addresses of the companies; Executives of the foundations; Locations of parent company headquarters.
- Terra's new curator makes presentation a work of art. Borden, Jeff // Crain's Chicago Business;09/29/97, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p10
Presents information on a number of persons who were promoted in business enterprises in Chicago, Illinois as reported on September 29, 1997. Information on John Hallmark Neff, director and curator of the Terra Museum of American Arts; Selection of Kathleen Boyd to executive director of the...
- Chicago's largest employers. Lyon, Paula; Carriere, Rebecca // Crain's Chicago Business;11/17/97, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p23
Presents a list of companies considered as the largest employers in Chicago. Increase number of workers in some of the companies for the period 1996 to 1997; Names and addresses of companies; Revenue and earnings report.