Benchmarking Your Way to Smarter Decisions
- Benchmarking of retailers at EIM. Leunissen, Patrick J.J. // European Retail Digest;Summer97, Issue 15, p19
Describes how the Dutch company EIM Small Business Research and Consultancy uses benchmarking to provide retailers with information on key performance indicators. Philosophy of retail benchmarking; Models of benchmarking used; Developments in benchmarking.
- Beyond the Bench. Welch, Stephen; Mann, Robin // New Zealand Management;Aug2000, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p14
Reports on the development of the New Zealand Benchmarking Club. Aims of the organization; Encouragement of improved business practices; Works in progress.
- Benchmarking Initiative boosts profits for Small Firms. // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Jul/Aug2002, Issue 32, p8
Discusses how the benchmarking scheme of the Small Business Service has significantly boosted profits for many participating small firms in Great Britain. Background on the Benchmark Index; Opportunity given to small firms in improving their understanding of their business.
- PRMA to host first international networking, benchmarking session with Russian Federation. Thurston, Lawson D. // Caribbean Business;9/30/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 38, p39
The article reports on the plan of the Puerto Rico Manufacturers Association (PRMA), the Honorary Consul of the Russian Federation in Puerto Rico, and Anastasia P. Kitsul to co-host the first international networking and benchmarking session.
- A New Breed of Benchmarking. O'Sullivan, Richard C. // Association Management;Feb2000, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p69
Discusses the fundamental approach taken by industry benchmarking and how it can help decisionmakers anticipate changes demanded by technology or market-driven structural change. Information on industrial benchmarking; Predictable stages of action followed by individuals and organizations when...
- Benchmarking KM. // IT Professional;Mar/Apr1999, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p59
Features the American Productivity and Quality Center, an organization that conducts benchmarking studies of knowledge management practices.
- Moving Ahead. // Buildings;Apr2003, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p44
Provides information on U.S. associations and organizations that assist in benchmarking endeavors of the construction industry. Building Owners and Managers Association; Institute of Real Estate Management; International Facility Management Association.
- Measuring up to show rivals. Fletcher, Mike // Event;Jun2004, p13
Reports on the results of a benchmarking study conducted by the Association of Exhibition Organizers in Great Britain in 2003. Collaboration with research company the Center for InterFirm Comparison; Organizers that gave up their performance data for analysis; Performance areas measured;...
- Seasonal Adjustment. // Employment & Earnings;May2002, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p222
Focuses on the seasonal adjustment in labor market activity in the U.S. Fluctuations in the levels of employment and unemployment; Computation of labor force and unemployment rate statistics; Improvement of the standard procedure for seasonal adjustment for the local employment series with the...