SEC Counsel: Issuers Should Disclose Explosive Tax Opinions
- SEC Seeking Comments on MSRB Shutdown Plan. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/22/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31557, p1
Reports on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission plans for seeking public comments on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's controversial proposal to allow the board to shut down the municipal bond market in event of crisis that disables critical market systems.
- SEC Approves Amendment to MSRB G-38. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;10/02/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30491, p5
Reports on the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's approval of an amendment to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's (MSRB) Rule G-38. Disclosure of municipal consultants on issuer-specific or transaction-specific basis; Effectivity of the amendment as of September 29, 1998.
- MSRB Rule Changes Approved by SEC. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32206, p3
Reports that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has approved Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board rule changes designed to improve the timeliness and efficiency of dealers' dissemination of official statements to customers and to the board.
- AMF, Five More Firms Join TBMA to Oppose MSRB Crisis Plan. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/1/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31605, p5
The Bond Market Association's Asset Managers Forum and five more broker-dealer firms informed the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) that they are opposed to giving the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) the authority to shut down the municipal market in the event of a...
- MSRB Sides Mostly With Issuers on G-17 Guidance. Hemmerdinger, Jonathan // Bond Buyer;2/16/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33665, p5
The article offers information on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's (MSRB) wish to get approval from Securities and Exchange Commission regarding the proposed guidance that details how underwriters should treat municipal issuers under its fair-dealing rule. It is stated that the board...
- MSRB revises outline for qualification exam. // Bond Buyer;10/17/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30254, p4
Reports that the Municipal Rulemaking Board has filed a study outline for its municipal securities principal qualification exam with US Securities and Exchange Commission.
- MSRB toughens proposal on Dealer-FAs that remarket. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;01/15/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30559, p5
Reports on the implementation of stricter amendments to Rule G-23 by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board. Requirements for municipal bonds dealers; Role of the Securities and Exchange Commission; Terms of revised amendments; Reaction of the Public Securities Association.
- SEC OKs New Daily Municipals Report. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/4/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31237, p5
Reports the approval of the proposal of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to increase price transparency in the municipal market by the Securities and Exchange Commission in the United States.
- SEC Approves MSRB 3-Hour Reporting Extension. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/21/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32283, p5
The article reports that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has approved a proposal by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) related to municipal securities. The MSRB has proposed to extend by one or two years, a three-hour exception to its 15-minute transaction reporting...