- MWRA deal marks shift. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;01/31/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30818, p1
Reports on the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority's issuance of municipal bonds to finance major building projects in Massachusetts. Use of municipal debt to complete the upgrading of sewage treatment facilities in the state; Plan to focus on water services for Boston, Massachusetts.
- A Mass of Moving Parts. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;03/20/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30852, p1
Reports on the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority's planned variable-rate debt deal as of March 20, 2000. Details of the municipal tender swap deal arranged by Bear, Stearns and Co.
- Market Post: Health and Higher Ed Credits Top Thursday Trading. Flynn, Hillary // Bondbuyer.com;11/6/2014, p16
The article reports on the dominance of Higher Education and Health Authorities bonds in the secondary and primary municipal markets during the November 2014 trading. Topics covered include good deals for the refunding revenue bonds of Maryland Health and Higher Education Authority for the Anne...
- Mass. Water Sets $150M Offering. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;5/9/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33513, p1
The article reports on the senior revenue bonds, worth 150 million dollars, to be issued by the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority in May 2011 to help finance water and sewer projects in the Boston area. It states that the 100 million dollars will be used to help support the authority's...
- Washington Post reporter sues city. // Editor & Publisher;6/11/94, Vol. 127 Issue 24, p27
Reports on `Washington Post' newspaper reporter Brian Mooar's lawsuit against Washington, D.C. for two police officers' violation of his constitutional right to gather news by taking away his camera during a scuffle. Mooar's encounter with the police officers while he was taking pictures of a...
- State audit questions costs of cleaning up dirty Boston Harbor. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/9/93, Vol. 231 Issue 6, p20
Reports on the claims by the state auditor of Massachusetts on questionable expenditures for the Boston Harbor ocean outfall project by the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority (MWRA). Cost overruns; Explanations by the MWRA.
- States vs. Gates. // State Government News;Jun/Jul98, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the May 18, 1998 antitrust lawsuit that the District of Columbia and attorneys general from 20 states filed against Microsoft Corporation. Allegations against Microsoft; Response of Bill Gates, chairman of Microsoft, on the government accusations; Explanations from several attorneys...
- D.C. Fiscal Budget Pressure Eases With Reduction of Damages in Case. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;01/11/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31055, p6
Reports on the reduced budget pressure caused by a lawsuit against Washington, D.C. by Eric Butera following the decision of a federal appeals court to reduce compensation damages. Background of the lawsuit; Basis of the reduction according to city officials.
- Judge: D. C. Discovery Violation 'Flagrant'. // Information Management Journal;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p8
The article that the city of Washington D.C. and its attorneys have been accused by the U.S. District Chief Judge Royce Lamberth of repeated, flagrant, and unprecedented failures in complying to court orders concerning a six-year class action lawsuit concerning a special-education program. It...