MSRB Is on the Road to Completion of Its T+1 Trading Protocol
- The Future Is Now: Online Trading Takes Off. Yacoe, Don // Bond Buyer;11/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31024, Online Bond Trading p8
Focuses on online trading of municipal bonds in the United States. Web site where individuals can buy or sell securities; Advice on structuring a portfolio; Comparing bond investment return.
- Electronic bidding systems pique Texas issuers' interest. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;07/27/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30691, p1
Focuses on the implementation of an electronic bidding system in the municipal bond market in Texas. Options of issuers in selling bonds online; Electronic access interfaces between bidders and issuers; Views of financial advisers on electronic bidding.
- A Matter of Choice: Array of Platforms Prompts Some Criticism. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;08/17/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30956, p7
Reports on the effects of electronic trading on municipal bond business in the United States. Platforms to buy and sell bonds; Competition among securities firms.
- Delayed Wisconsin GOs are still on deck for threeway playoff. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;09/02/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30470, p26
Reports on the delay in the floatation of Wisconsin's general obligation bonds. Selection of Dalcomp, Bloomberg LP and MuniAuction Inc. as the electronic bidding providers; Wisconsin finance director Frank Hoadley's concerns regarding how an underwriter can submit a bit; Virginia treasurer...
- Miami-Dade readying underwriter RFP, first web bond sale. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;10/22/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30753, p3
Reports on the plan of Miami-Dade County, Florida, to use the Internet to sell its bonds. Use of request-for-proposal documents to help county officials assemble a pool of underwriters; Selection of MuniAuction Inc. Web site to take competitive bids on a $25.6 million general obligation bond sale.
- TBMA report provides overview of electronic trading. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;11/18/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30523, p4
Focuses on the use of electronic trading systems in the municipal bond market in the United States according to the Bond Market Association. Customer benefits of Merrill Lynch & Co.'s Liquidity Management System; User benefits of the Intervest system; Electronic bidding systems operated by...
- NRMSIRs may be rendered useless if they don't change, lawyer warns. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;11/18/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30523, p5
Discusses the need to revise the operations of nationally-recognized municipal securities information repositories (NRMSIRs) in order not to become obsolete. Effect of the high speed pace of Internet evolution; Limited financial resources with which to upgrade NRMSIRs; Limitations of NRMSIRs.
- Texas lawyer warns state law may derail electronic bond sales. Whalen, Robert; Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;11/18/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30523, p29
Focuses on a Texas statute adopted in 1997 that prohibits electronic bond sales in the state. Language of the law; Lack of interest among area investors in conducting electric sales.
- Texas' E-Bidding Venture. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;04/20/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30875, p1
Reports that the Texas Municipal Advisory Council is setting up an electronic bidding platform for municipal bond issues in Texas. Key features and specifications of the system; Demonstration of the system to investment banking firms; Benefits of the system for bond buyers and issuers.