Minneapolis City Council Adopts Stricter TIF Policy for Better Risk Assessment
- Sex in the City. // Off Our Backs;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 32 Issue 9/10, p28
Focuses on the prevalence of Internet pornography at the Minneapolis Public Library in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Complaints of staff members on the pornographic images accessed by the patrons; Help sought by the staff from the City Council for solutions on the problem; Advice of an attorney on...
- Protect our communities from flavored tobacco products. Hokes, Ni Ora // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;6/26/2015, Vol. 81 Issue 48, p4
A letter to the editor is presented discussing the health hazards associated with flavored tobacco products' use in Minneapolis, Minnesota; associated ordinance changes by the Minneapolis City Council; and awareness among the youth to prevent addiction.
- New Irish fashions. // Human Events;05/30/97, Vol. 53 Issue 21, p20
Reports on the opposition of the city council of Minneapolis, Minnesota to the Center for the American Experiment's invitation of former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher to address its annual dinner on May 9, 1997.
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR. // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;12/16/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 20, p3
Several letters to the editors are presented in response to articles in previous issues such as "Something I Said," by Dwight Hobbes, and another on the reduction of the property taxes in the 2011 budget adopted by the Minneapolis City Council in Minnesota on December 13, 2010.
- TIF Time? Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;4/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31363, p29
Reports on the legislation allowing the use of tax increment financing for redevelopment purposes in West Virginia. Procedures in holding public hearings; Ways to amortize debt to pay off bonds; Opportunity to attract business investments.
- The Trouble With TIFs. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31479, p1
Reports issues concerning the tax increment financing for transportation improvements in Manhattan, New York City. Development of plan for specific improvements in the area; Increase in the property tax revenue from assessed property in the district; Implications of the bond having not been...
- OPINION. // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/10/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p10
Comments on the need for a tax increment financing at Euclid Avenue in Cleveland, Ohio. Proposition of tax incrementation from the White administration; Allocation of property taxes for street improvement; Encouragement of prospective of investors.
- The city that TIFs: Too much of a good thing? // Crain's Chicago Business;07/14/97, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p10
Opinion. Discusses Chicago's use of the tax-increment financing (TIF) program. Impact of TIF on the city's fiscal health; Location of Chicago's taxing districts; Operations of the TIF program.
- Making better use of tax increment financing. Carlson, Gary E. // Economic Development Review;Spring92, Vol. 10 Issue 2, Spring 1992 p34
Discusses the use of tax increment financing (TIF) as an economic development financing. Traditional TIF projects; New development TIF applications; TIF development areas; TIF for training; Experience of Newton, Iowa in this kind of financing.