Week Wraps Up With a Flat Session; Upcoming New Deals Will Pose a Test
- Muni Bond Volume Projected to Creep Up to $6.4 Billion. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;8/6/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33759, p3
The article reports that municipal bonds in the U.S. are expected to be sold to about 6.35 billion U.S. dollars as compared to 5.93 billion U.S. dollars and the New York City Transitional Finance Authority is expected to issue about 850 millions of future tax-secured bonds and subordinate bonds.
- Munis weaken as govies take plunge; buyers snatch up N.Y.C. TFA deal. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;05/05/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30634, p2
Discloses the weakened performance of municipal securities at the close of trading in the United States on May 4, 1999. Factors behind the plunge of Treasuries; Investors' positive reaction to the New York City Transitional Finance Authority's (TFA) new-issue; Morgan Stanley Dean Witter's...
- Not Much of Anything Amid Muni Quietude. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;11/8/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33612, p2
The article offers information on the state of bond market in the U.S. It states that treasuries decline because of the attitude of investors to focus on safe-haven investments. It mentions the 600 million dollars future tax-secured bonds and tax-exempt subordinate bonds offered by New York City...
- New York's Supply Shortage Should Make TFA Deal a Hit. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;4/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31360, p7
Reports the projections for an optimistic municipal market in the U.S. Statement regarding the revenue bond offering of the New York City Transitional Finance Authority by managing director Mike Pietronico; Interest of investors on the revenue bonds of the Authority; Credit rating for the...
- TFA Does Private Placements. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;6/7/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33328, p9
The article reports on 100 million dollars of variable-rate bonds sold by the New York City Transitional Finance Authority (TSA) to Wells Fargo NA, which is considered as the TFA's first direct private placement.
- N.Y.C. Transitional Finance Authority issue eagerly anticipated by players. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;09/05/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30224, p1
Discloses the factors that would affect investors and traders' reception for the New York City Transitional Finance Authority's (TFA) bond issue on September 1997. Divergence in the authority's ratings; Factors affecting TFA issue's trading levels; Prediction that TFA's introduction will not...
- As TFA takes N.Y.C. income stream, critics say ratings don't add up. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/01/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30242, p1
Focuses on the first bond issue of the New York City Transitional Finance Authority (TFA). Skepticism surrounding the issue due to the fact that the TFA will pay lower interest rates; Belief that the issuer is likely to get the high prices it is asking for the bonds; Investors' suspicion...
- N.Y.C. Wants More TFA Bond Power. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;04/07/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30866, p1
Reports on New York City's call on the state legislature to allow the city's Transitional Finance Authority to issue new bonds as of April 7, 2000. Background on the city's need to borrow funds to finance its capital plan.
- Muni Prices Strengthen as $1B NYC TFA Bonds Hit the Market. Barnett, Chip // Bondbuyer.com;10/21/2015, p12
The article reports on the improvement in prices of municipal bonds as the New York City Transitional Finance Authority (TFA) hit the market with a negotiated deal and competitive sales as of 2015.